04-03-2011, 09:43 PM #1
Jared
Tranquility.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I need to put in a video with out people watching it so they just here the music? How can I do this with a youtube video? Thanks
04-06-2011, 04:26 PM #11
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by 123tonka View Post
Lol, sorry... I edited the quote! :p
     <embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iwGFalTRHDA?fs=&autoplay=1 "application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="0" height="0"></embed>
=D
And I just deleted the parts that aren't required! Happy

They're required. The 'embed'-element only works in the 'object'-element, due to it giving the browser the specification a Flash animation will be initialized. The 'param'-element is restricted to use inside the 'object'-element, just like 'embed.'
04-06-2011, 04:32 PM #12
<Jimbo>
</Jimbo>
No. You must login or register to view this content.

Check it out, I gave him the youtube code... and does it work... yeah, plus... I have made quite a few sites, I code html... I know what works, and youtube does not require the <object> tag.

Check out the page source! =D

Originally posted by xNCK View Post
They're required. The 'embed'-element only works in the 'object'-element, due to it giving the browser the specification a Flash animation will be initialized. The 'param'-element is restricted to use inside the 'object'-element, just like 'embed.'
04-06-2011, 04:39 PM #13
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
No. You must login or register to view this content.

Check it out, I gave him the youtube code... and does it work... yeah, plus... I have made quite a few sites, I code html... I know what works, and youtube does not require the <object> tag.

Check out the page source! =D

You must login or register to view this content.
Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The correct way of using it, is the following:
    <object width="1" height="1">
<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/iwGFalTRHDA"></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iwGFalTRHDA&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="1" height="1"></embed>
</object>

This will only work in XHTML1.0+ and HTML5+. When HTML4 Transitional was created, Flash was not used for web resources.
04-06-2011, 04:49 PM #14
<Jimbo>
</Jimbo>

UMAD? Don't link me to sites like that! They don't mean anyhing... You must login or register to view this content. Happy now? I removed the "application/x-shockwave-flash" /facepalm GO BACK TO C++ I CODE HOW I WANNA CODE... AND I CODE RIGHT. Don't just use google! Claps

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The correct way of using it, is the following:
    <object width="1" height="1">
<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/iwGFalTRHDA"></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iwGFalTRHDA&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="1" height="1"></embed>
</object>

This will only work in XHTML1.0+ and HTML5+. When HTML4 Transitional was created, Flash was not used for web resources.
Last edited by <Jimbo> ; 04-06-2011 at 05:17 PM.
04-06-2011, 04:57 PM #15
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
UMAD? Don't link me to sites like that! They don't mean anyhing... You must login or register to view this content. Happy now? I removed the "application/x-shockwave-flash" /facepalm GO BACK TO C++ I CODE HOW I WANNA CODE... AND I CODE RIGHT. Don't just use google! Claps

They don't mean anything? W3 Validator is a well respected HTML validator made by the conservatorium maintaining the HTML standards! If W3C didn't exist, your lousy website wouldn't exist!

Also, why delete the 'type'-attribute? You've made it even more unstable. And why should I go back to C++? I've just started with C++ and am using HTML longer than you do.

Now make a full application in XHTML1.0 Strict, using CSS3 and PHP without any syntax errors and/or validation mistakes.

I don't use Google, I use a HTML reference list, which can be found You must login or register to view this content..

Now please, let web designing and web programming be the job of the people specialized in it. Not to the people like you, talking shit about a subject they have little to no knowledge about.
04-06-2011, 05:10 PM #16
<Jimbo>
</Jimbo>
Nice, I'd link you... But it's a phising & malicious site! /facepalm and no... I will carry on designing on the web, Yanno why. Because I want to. And stop using dumb internet references... and take any site... put it into that, you WILL get errors! And yes, I did not delete the 'type' attribute... where you linked me the type atribute was gone... So using the magic of the internet, I changed the code a bit.

Oh and I am not gonna reply here again. I don't want so many useless posts. So PM me if you need any more help as I am not going to come back to this thread.

They don't mean anything? W3 Validator is a well respected HTML validator made by the conservatorium maintaining the HTML standards! If W3C didn't exist, your lousy website wouldn't exist!

Also, why delete the 'type'-attribute? You've made it even more unstable. And why should I go back to C++? I've just started with C++ and am using HTML longer than you do.

Now make a full application in XHTML1.0 Strict, using CSS3 and PHP without any syntax errors and/or validation mistakes.

I don't use Google, I use a HTML reference list, which can be found You must login or register to view this content..

Now please, let web designing and web programming be the job of the people specialized in it. Not to the people like you, talking shit about a subject they have little to no knowledge about.
04-06-2011, 05:13 PM #17
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Nice, I'd link you... But it's a phising & malicious site! /facepalm and no... I will carry on designing on the web, Yanno why. Because I want to. And stop using dumb internet references... and take any site... put it into that, you WILL get errors! And yes, I did not delete the 'type' attribute... where you linked me the type atribute was gone... So using the magic of the internet, I changed the code a bit.

Oh and I am not gonna reply here again. I don't want so many useless posts. So PM me if you need any more help as I am not going to come back to this thread.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo