04-06-2011, 04:22 AM #1
JakeM
ZOMG HaXz!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Computer Build Help. Smile

You must login or register to view this content.

Ok my current laptop is completely underpowered and is about to die on me. I got about 600 dollars for a new PC. The computer will be used for browsing the web, game development and of course gaming. :p

Games include:
Mw2
Black Ops
Just Cause 2
Portal
COD5: World at War
Need for speed
and other steam games.

Right now I am looking at a build on iBuyPower.

It looks like a decent build, would anyone recommend going that route?

Specs of the iBuyPower rig:

Xion Echo Gaming Case - Black
Intel Core i5-2300 Quad Core @2.80Ghz 6MB L3 cache
Liquid CPU cooling as well as case fans through out.
4Gbs of Corsair DDR3-1333Mhz ram.
ATI-Radeon 5570 1GB GDDR3 card.
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 Motherboard
600 Watt PSU
750 7200RPM HD.

About $800.00 USD with Tax + Windows 7 and everything.

I also am looking at building one myself. To see if I could save 100 dollars. I am planning to do a MacPro case mod with it, so the case doesn't really matter. A good case will just bring a good resell value when I finish the case mod. I will do a build in progress thread if people want. My main question is could I get some help with video cards mainly? I want to be able to achieve 60FPS+ at 1920 by 1080P resolutions. Any help is appreciated Thanks :embarrassed:
Last edited by JakeM ; 04-06-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Added a smexy picture

The following 2 users say thank you to JakeM for this useful post:

Samberg, elliot
04-06-2011, 05:13 AM #2
Originally posted by JakeM501 View Post
Computer Build Help. Smile

Ok my current laptop is completely underpowered and is about to die on me. I got about 600 dollars for a new PC. The computer will be used for browsing the web, game development and of course gaming. :p

Games include:

Mw2
Black Ops
Just Cause 2
Portal
COD5: World at War
Need for speed
and other steam games.

Right now I am looking at a build on iBuyPower.

It looks like a decent build, would anyone recommend going that
route?

Specs of the iBuyPower rig:

Xion Echo Gaming Case - Black
Intel Core i5-2300 Quad Core @2.80Ghz 6MB L3 cache
Liquid CPU cooling as well as case fans through out.
4Gbs of Corsair DDR3-1333Mhz ram.
ATI-Radeon 5570 1GB GDDR3 card.
Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 Motherboard

600 Watt PSU
750 7200RPM HD.

About $800.00 USD with Tax + Windows 7 and everything.

I also am looking at building one myself. To see if I could save 100 dollars. I am planning to do a MacPro case mod with it, so the case doesn't really matter. A good case will just bring a good resell value when I finish the case mod. I will do a build in progress thread if people want. My main question is could I get some help with video cards mainly? I want to be able to achieve 60FPS+ at 1920 by 1080P resolutions. Any help is appreciated Thanks :embarrassed:

With a $600 budget, you could actually make a decent computer. Don't buy from iBuypower, would be best off building one, because you will save more money. And can I see your build in progress?
04-06-2011, 05:39 AM #3
JakeM
ZOMG HaXz!
Originally posted by JohnnyIsEpic View Post
With a $600 budget, you could actually make a decent computer. Don't buy from iBuypower, would be best off building one, because you will save more money. And can I see your build in progress?

Yea I will try to do one. It will really just be a case mod and installing components. I need to save up some more from some of the PMs I have gotten about it. But its going to be a cool case mod. Blue leds, should come out pretty nice.
04-06-2011, 12:58 PM #4
Default Avatar
Oneup
Yea I will try to do one. It will really just be a case mod and installing components. I need to save up some more from some of the PMs I have gotten about it. But its going to be a cool case mod. Blue leds, should come out pretty nice.

Functionality over looks, that's something you could do later, so I would try to get better stuff first with the money you have now
04-06-2011, 02:57 PM #5
Winning
Former Staff
Didn't you see my post on that other thread? You obviously thanked it. You could use those specs fine. But if you want to do water cooling you could.
04-06-2011, 03:52 PM #6
JakeM
ZOMG HaXz!
Originally posted by UP View Post
Functionality over looks, that's something you could do later, so I would try to get better stuff first with the money you have now

Eh :/. The case I am getting from a friend for 40 dollars, plus about 8 dollars for the lighting... Besides that I agree but its only 50 dollars and will make it look a lot better.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Originally posted by Winning View Post
Didn't you see my post on that other thread? You obviously thanked it. You could use those specs fine. But if you want to do water cooling you could.

It was a good list not taking anything away from it but,I prefer Intel over AMD processors. Intel has yet to fail me, and a couple of my friends said they aren't happy with there AMD. So I am planning to stick to Intel.

Was looking at a Video Card like this.

I think I am going to buy from iBuyPower and then upgrade it as I get more money. I need a computer soon though so it will be a good start.

i5 Quad Core 3.10GHz
4Gbs Ram
04-06-2011, 04:12 PM #7
Winning
Former Staff
Eh :/. The case I am getting from a friend for 40 dollars, plus about 8 dollars for the lighting... Besides that I agree but its only 50 dollars and will make it look a lot better.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

It was a good list not taking anything away from it but,I prefer Intel over AMD processors. Intel has yet to fail me, and a couple of my friends said they aren't happy with there AMD. So I am planning to stick to Intel.

Was looking at a Video Card like this.

I think I am going to buy from iBuyPower and then upgrade it as I get more money. I need a computer soon though so it will be a good start.

i5 Quad Core 3.10GHz
4Gbs Ram

Yeah, i prefer Intel over AMD as well, but AMD is for budget builds, because you get more bang for your buck. But Intel pays off in the long run.
04-06-2011, 07:05 PM #8
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Winning View Post
Yeah, i prefer Intel over AMD as well, but AMD is for budget builds, because you get more bang for your buck. But Intel pays off in the long run.

Eh, when amd's hex cores are barely doing better then a mobile i7, you have to ask yourself if you are really getting more bang for you buck
04-06-2011, 07:07 PM #9
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by UP View Post
Eh, when amd's hex cores are barely doing better then a mobile i7, you have to ask yourself if you are really getting more bang for you buck

Apparently. All i know is that they run hotter, and die quickly.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo