04-08-2011, 11:25 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I need help setting up my new domain I recently bought.

I bought a .info domain and don't really know much about setting it up with my hosting.

[multipage=Problem]

I have set up the hosting and configured the nameservers that the hosting told me, I have changed them on the domain.

I'm not sure what else to do other than putting the nameservers into the domain settings.

I know it takes up to 48 hours for it to actually completely finish and work. I have waited at least 30 hours and thought I would ask if theres anything I need to do.

I know it seems like I'm being impatient but I haven't set one up before and want to know if I need to change other things.
[multipage=Screenshots]

You must login or register to view this content.

This is what happens when I type my domain in the browser URL, it just pops up with this window.

The URL comes up with this:

.info/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

When I used fantastico to install a phpbb script because I couldn't as I can't access the domain properly.

It came up with this page when I put the installed directory after my domain URL:

[multipage=Conclusion]

If you can help please do =D, It's my first time buying a domain and I didn't know how to use it with my hosting company.

I'll let you know by the end of tomorrow to see if it's done or not (Says it takes up to 48 hours).

The following user thanked Stx for this useful post:

elliot
04-08-2011, 12:30 PM #2
Jared
Tranquility.
Originally posted by Stxyzth View Post
I need help setting up my new domain I recently bought.

I bought a .info domain and don't really know much about setting it up with my hosting.

[multipage=Problem]

I have set up the hosting and configured the nameservers that the hosting told me, I have changed them on the domain.

I'm not sure what else to do other than putting the nameservers into the domain settings.

I know it takes up to 48 hours for it to actually completely finish and work. I have waited at least 30 hours and thought I would ask if theres anything I need to do.

I know it seems like I'm being impatient but I haven't set one up before and want to know if I need to change other things.
[multipage=Screenshots]

This is what happens when I type my domain in the browser URL, it just pops up with this window.

The URL comes up with this:

.info/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

When I used fantastico to install a phpbb script because I couldn't as I can't access the domain properly.

It came up with this page when I put the installed directory after my domain URL:

[multipage=Conclusion]

If you can help please do =D, It's my first time buying a domain and I didn't know how to use it with my hosting company.

I'll let you know by the end of tomorrow to see if it's done or not (Says it takes up to 48 hours).

what kind of site are you hosting with? 000webhost? etc.

also are you using a vbulletin? if so nulled? i can set you up with a nulled one?
04-08-2011, 12:36 PM #3
Originally posted by iKeep View Post
what kind of site are you hosting with? 000webhost? etc.

also are you using a vbulletin? if so nulled? i can set you up with a nulled one?

My hosting: You must login or register to view this content.

And I never wanted any of that :confused:. I have no problem making websites and forums, that's not my problem here.

I was using a forum as an example to test the directories of the hosting w/ domain.
04-08-2011, 12:39 PM #4
Jared
Tranquility.
My hosting: You must login or register to view this content.

And I never wanted any of that :confused:. I have no problem making websites and forums, that's not my problem here.

I was using a forum as an example to test the directories of the hosting w/ domain.

okay? so what are you using the site for? are you going to use a ftp and load up files? i gtg to skool let me know what you are using it for and i will get baack to ya? and it should connect in a little bit dont worry!:p
04-08-2011, 12:51 PM #5
okay? so what are you using the site for? are you going to use a ftp and load up files? i gtg to skool let me know what you are using it for and i will get baack to ya? and it should connect in a little bit dont worry!:p

What I do with the site is not really that important.

But anyway I haven't decided, I just know it doesn't work.

If you haven't bought a domain name and you use a free one I don't think you know what I am talking about....
04-08-2011, 09:00 PM #6
Jared
Tranquility.
What I do with the site is not really that important.

But anyway I haven't decided, I just know it doesn't work.

If you haven't bought a domain name and you use a free one I don't think you know what I am talking about....

i have a co.cc domain that i got and connected to my hosting and it took like 5 mins for it to add on:p
04-08-2011, 09:18 PM #7
i have a co.cc domain that i got and connected to my hosting and it took like 5 mins for it to add on:p

It's not the same setup.
04-08-2011, 09:20 PM #8
Jared
Tranquility.
It's not the same setup.

sorry dont think i can help? thought it would be similar? i just got a co.cc domain and put in like ns1.byethost.org or something and connected to my hosting and now i have it:\
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM #9
sorry dont think i can help? thought it would be similar? i just got a co.cc domain and put in like ns1.byethost.org or something and connected to my hosting and now i have it:\

Ok thanks but I have different hosting and domain hosting so it's slightly different, thanks for trying to help.
04-08-2011, 09:27 PM #10
Jared
Tranquility.
Ok thanks but I have different hosting and domain hosting so it's slightly different, thanks for trying to help.

no problemClaps:p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo