04-09-2011, 05:18 PM #1
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, my beginning OpenGL through game programming book just arrived and it sucks! literally. I was reading the book and from the first page i said to myself... what the hell are the files i have to include? Then i was looking at this code e.g context, apparently it was to do with WGL.

I am really confused. I really want to get into opengl with game programming (C++) but i cant find anything that is cheap and teaches the smallest things like how to install the include files lib - i installed these include and lib files called GLUT free glut and glee.h i am really confused please can someone direct me to a website or book or whatever that teaches the very basics of OpenGL game programming/ normal OpenGL. Thanks! /facepalm
04-09-2011, 07:23 PM #2
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
OK how many 2d games have you made say with sfml? if it is under 5 then dont try 3D yet. I have learnec from experience. Come back after you have made a few 2D games.
04-09-2011, 10:22 PM #3
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Originally posted by Dutch View Post
OK how many 2d games have you made say with sfml? if it is under 5 then dont try 3D yet. I have learnec from experience. Come back after you have made a few 2D games.

where should i learn SFML?
04-09-2011, 11:28 PM #4
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Originally posted by Girby2K11 View Post
where should i learn SFML?

Umm, there site. Its really easy to learn.
04-09-2011, 11:32 PM #5
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Umm, there site. Its really easy to learn.

Thanks. I was on there website for about 3 hours trying to install it on code::blocks (Searching for DLL's) but now i got it working after testing their clock code. Cool Man (aka Tustin)
04-09-2011, 11:40 PM #6
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
Thanks. I was on there website for about 3 hours trying to install it on code::blocks (Searching for DLL's) but now i got it working after testing their clock code. Cool Man (aka Tustin)

Nice. Ya it takes awhile to figure out lol.
04-10-2011, 10:16 AM #7
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
Nice. Ya it takes awhile to figure out lol.

I had trouble with installing OpenGL (Still didn't install /facepalm) but at least i have got SFML working.
04-10-2011, 05:45 PM #8
Ritztro
I am a Game Developer
I had trouble with installing OpenGL (Still didn't install /facepalm) but at least i have got SFML working.

OpenGl should already be installed on your system lol. Its what most apps need to work.
04-10-2011, 06:16 PM #9
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
OpenGl should already be installed on your system lol. Its what most apps need to work.

Thats weird, Every time i include the OpenGL files i get an error. But oh well i am studying SFML now. Also SFML is quite confusing, i have made

sf::RenderWindow App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML");

and other stuff do you think it will get easier/not as confusing once you start reading through? :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo