07-07-2008, 02:18 PM #1
A©ID
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); anybody know how to format a pc, but there is one condition, the drive is not working!!!. in this pc there is a virus that any popup window, the virus will close it.

ANY HELP will be good.
thanks for who will help.
who has the best answer for this situation ill give him +rep
07-08-2008, 12:51 PM #2
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
get another HDD,put it in and format it that way, thats the only thing i can say

EDIT: noo i got another way to do this, first you need to get in safe mode..

so boot your computer, and when it's at the black DOS screen press F8 as soon as you can..
now you will need to use your keyboards do click on "Safe mode"

so, start up windows, you'll notice it'sthe windows 98 skin,

now you can format it Winky Winky

hope i helped Happy
Last edited by Oc ; 07-08-2008 at 12:54 PM.
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM #3
Originally posted by Oc
get another HDD,put it in and format it that way, thats the only thing i can say

EDIT: noo i got another way to do this, first you need to get in safe mode..

so boot your computer, and when it's at the black DOS screen press F8 as soon as you can..
now you will need to use your keyboards do click on "Safe mode"

so, start up windows, you'll notice it'sthe windows 98 skin,

now you can format it Winky Winky

hope i helped Happy

damn you you took my way of what i was gonna say lol
07-09-2008, 09:19 AM #4
A©ID
< ^ > < ^ >
thanks oc for the info and i know how to get to safe mode but i didnt think to format on safe mode.ill try it Happy
07-09-2008, 10:19 AM #5
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
well, it should work because windows won't run other applets Winky Winky
07-09-2008, 10:26 AM #6
A©ID
< ^ > < ^ >
sorry oc but you didnt help. i got it on safe mode but when i opened the steup of the xp from a pendrive the virus closed it. i dont know what im going to do to this laptop.

but ill give you +rep oc for trying to help me
thanks
07-09-2008, 01:56 PM #7
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
waa stupid thing.. i can't help you anymore :/
search google or somethin
07-10-2008, 08:52 AM #8
A©ID
< ^ > < ^ >
ok oc, thanks again for helping, dont worry the laptop, its not mine and i searched on google Happy
07-23-2008, 01:27 PM #9
You can easily do this stuff with a bootable partition manager. You must login or register to view this content. is a good one. You have to burn it on a CD, and then you can boot it.
If the cd-drive isn't the primary boot station, restart your pc and press del immediately, so you get into the bios. (some pc's require something like F10, just look at the bottom of the screen.
When you're in the bios main menu, use your arrow keys to go to "BIOS settings". Then go to "Boot Order" and change it with the + and - keys until cdrom is upfront. (Almost doneHappy)
Now save & exit. Your pc will automatically restart. Be sure to have the new cd in the drive. Now CPM pops up.
Now you must delete the partition(s). After this point, you won't be able to recover your files. Now make a new partition, and fill the entire disk with it.
There's always about 6mb of unpartitioned space left on a hard drive, don't worry about it. Smile

You can now easily install a clean windows xp again. Happy
If you need any help recovering files, before you've done this, just ask :P
07-24-2008, 05:24 AM #10
A©ID
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by ThreeLetterSyndrom View Post
You can easily do this stuff with a bootable partition manager. You must login or register to view this content. is a good one. You have to burn it on a CD, and then you can boot it.
If the cd-drive isn't the primary boot station, restart your pc and press del immediately, so you get into the bios. (some pc's require something like F10, just look at the bottom of the screen.
When you're in the bios main menu, use your arrow keys to go to "BIOS settings". Then go to "Boot Order" and change it with the + and - keys until cdrom is upfront. (Almost doneHappy)
Now save & exit. Your pc will automatically restart. Be sure to have the new cd in the drive. Now CPM pops up.
Now you must delete the partition(s). After this point, you won't be able to recover your files. Now make a new partition, and fill the entire disk with it.
There's always about 6mb of unpartitioned space left on a hard drive, don't worry about it. Smile

You can now easily install a clean windows xp again. Happy
If you need any help recovering files, before you've done this, just ask :P

i cant do that because the drive is not working, i already post that, but dont worry because i bought him a drive, and i made the format and the pc now is clean. thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo