06-26-2011, 08:46 AM #1
upD@TE
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone!

Im planning to get a laptop with an i7 2630qm quad core processor. It hasa 4gb ram.
The sales person said to fully utilize it, you must have at least 6gb of ram, and he offered me
an i5-2410m instead as he said with just 4gb ram, the i7 will perform at a similar level as that of the i5's.

Is that true? Im not planning to upgrade my RAM soon, maybe after a year. So, is the i7 really a resource/memory hog since it ''needs'' at least 6gb ram? (Especially its a quad core..)

Thanks in advance! Smile
06-28-2011, 12:54 AM #11
MoosE Music
Bounty hunter
Dude if you really want a computer ... get a Macbook pro hands down! :y:

The following user groaned MoosE Music for this awful post:

jkry_2_1_
06-28-2011, 01:11 AM #12
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by TE View Post
Thanks everyone!! I ended up getting the i7!!! Woooohoo, PLUS its cheaper than the i5! i got it at a different store which has a sale!
So happy right now. But it only has 4gb ram though, oh well. WORTH THE PRICE!! It has a pretty decent GPU as well! Smile

THANKS

You is welcome
06-28-2011, 02:21 AM #13
MythGavin
Gym leader
Originally posted by MoosE
Dude if you really want a computer ... get a Macbook pro hands down! :y:

No, if you wan't a laptop you get a macbook pro, if you want a computer, you build it.
06-28-2011, 02:41 AM #14
MoosE Music
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by flawedvictory View Post
No, if you wan't a laptop you get a macbook pro, if you want a computer, you build it.

Touche .. I myself am a fan of Mac Happy
06-28-2011, 03:00 AM #15
MythGavin
Gym leader

So am I, but they overprice there shit so much. I don't understand how they can put a core 2 duo in a computer mid-2011 and still charge $1,000 for it. Not to mention they are starting to target more and more to the ignorant consumers, they even ****ed with Final Cut to make it more easier to said people, that was the last straw for me.
06-28-2011, 03:06 AM #16
jkry_2_1_
Call Me The CodFather
if your gonna video edit dont buy a laptop do a custom built desktop.
06-28-2011, 03:13 AM #17
MoosE Music
Bounty hunter
So am I, but they overprice there shit so much. I don't understand how they can put a core 2 duo in a computer mid-2011 and still charge $1,000 for it. Not to mention they are starting to target more and more to the ignorant consumers, they even ****ed with Final Cut to make it more easier to said people, that was the last straw for me.

Yeah I agree it's a bit of a price tag ... but the quality over other computers I have used .. (I use it for making music and Djing) and it runs serato Itch like a champ whereas a PC cannot even run serato itch on it without crashing / freezing ... So I'm forced upon the Mac Winky Winky
06-30-2011, 10:22 AM #18
upD@TE
Haxor!

True that. Seriously. Macs are so expensive, but they look cool though lol.

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

Originally posted by Winning View Post
You is welcome

Originally posted by jkry
if your gonna video edit dont buy a laptop do a custom built desktop.

Yeah I agree it's a bit of a price tag ... but the quality over other computers I have used .. (I use it for making music and Djing) and it runs serato Itch like a champ whereas a PC cannot even run serato itch on it without crashing / freezing ... So I'm forced upon the Mac Winky Winky

Yeah thanks for all your help guys! Anyway, can someone please tell me how to rep? Im tired of just asking questions, I wanna give something in return too! Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo