Post: [code request] in need of code for program, credit will be given!
06-30-2011, 06:50 PM #1
Luulz
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello.

Im in need of a code.

I need a code that whenever i press "start", the certain url i want will be denied to contact my router.
Like a patchblocker.

The code can be given to me in Visual C#,Visual C++ or Visual basic.

Thanks for help <3
06-30-2011, 07:05 PM #2
ColdPatch
Nom!Nom!Nom!
Ill Try My Best, Ill Post my Attempt and a virus scan :y:
06-30-2011, 07:13 PM #3
Luulz
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ColdPatch View Post
Ill Try My Best, Ill Post my Attempt and a virus scan :y:

NOTE: I only need the code, not a patch blocker.
06-30-2011, 07:13 PM #4
Default Avatar
Brad
i've been looking for this code as well :(
06-30-2011, 07:15 PM #5
Luulz
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dr.
i've been looking for this code as well :(

haha, i know.. :carling:
06-30-2011, 07:54 PM #6
<Jimbo>
</Jimbo>
You could ask stack overflow...

The following user thanked <Jimbo> for this useful post:

Epic?
06-30-2011, 10:32 PM #7
Look for the "hosts" file on your computer in the folder WINDOWS and add the website to it. It will block all connections from it and to it on your computer.
07-01-2011, 12:26 AM #8
schnzrs
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by MoBaTeY View Post
Look for the "hosts" file on your computer in the folder WINDOWS and add the website to it. It will block all connections from it and to it on your computer.

The file is located in Windows\System32\drivers\etc. You can't just add a website to it. You need to write something like:
    127.0.0.1 www.google.com

That would send the request to access Google back to the localhost (your computer), which would effectively block You must login or register to view this content..

But, this will only work on a Windows based computer and that computer alone. For something like Patchblocker, you would need to send a request to the modem asking to block a site. And I don't really know how to do that in .NET.
07-01-2011, 02:21 AM #9
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by schnzrs View Post
The file is located in Windows\System32\drivers\etc. You can't just add a website to it. You need to write something like:
    127.0.0.1 www.google.com

That would send the request to access Google back to the localhost (your computer), which would effectively block You must login or register to view this content..

But, this will only work on a Windows based computer and that computer alone. For something like Patchblocker, you would need to send a request to the modem asking to block a site. And I don't really know how to do that in .NET.

He PMed me asking about this (IDK why he chose me), but that's the same thing I told him. I even gave him the code in VB.NET, C#, and C++ on how to do it. Apparently that's not quite what he's looking for. I guess he wants to make a program that functions like EliteMossy's patch blocker, so he can block certain sites through his router or firewall, that way he can run his game mods online. At least that's my understanding of it (never been much into the whole modding thing).
07-01-2011, 09:43 PM #10
Luulz
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by AsianInvasion View Post
He PMed me asking about this (IDK why he chose me), but that's the same thing I told him. I even gave him the code in VB.NET, C#, and C++ on how to do it. Apparently that's not quite what he's looking for. I guess he wants to make a program that functions like EliteMossy's patch blocker, so he can block certain sites through his router or firewall, that way he can run his game mods online. At least that's my understanding of it (never been much into the whole modding thing).

Exactly what i mean.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Originally posted by schnzrs View Post
    127.0.0.1 www.google.com

I Know how to edit the hosts file, but thats not quite what i need :/

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Originally posted by lt
You could ask stack overflow...

May you PM or quote his profile link to me? Thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo