07-09-2011, 12:17 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey, I have a laptop that is running vista... When i turn it on it goes to the windows loading screen. goes black then about 5 seconds later another black screen with just the cursor. I have tried repairing vista using a vista disk but it tells me their are no problems. It also tells me their are no restore points... Any ideas??? Also.. if i reinstall windows and i DON'T reformat the hard drive will i still have all of my files on the laptop... like i said I need answers ASAP i need to get the laptop back to my aunt tomorrow... thanks
07-09-2011, 12:22 AM #2
xEnhancer
Cracking WI-FI
Originally posted by EastBound View Post
Hey, I have a laptop that is running vista... When i turn it on it goes to the windows loading screen. goes black then about 5 seconds later another black screen with just the cursor. I have tried repairing vista using a vista disk but it tells me their are no problems. It also tells me their are no restore points... Any ideas??? Also.. if i reinstall windows and i DON'T reformat the hard drive will i still have all of my files on the laptop... like i said I need answers ASAP i need to get the laptop back to my aunt tomorrow... thanks

wait for 20 minutes more after the PC show the cursor Smile ! and tell me what happen ?
07-09-2011, 01:15 AM #3
Originally posted by 9733
wait for 20 minutes more after the PC show the cursor Smile ! and tell me what happen ?

it just stays at that screen
07-12-2011, 01:36 AM #4
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by EastBound View Post
Hey, I have a laptop that is running vista... When i turn it on it goes to the windows loading screen. goes black then about 5 seconds later another black screen with just the cursor. I have tried repairing vista using a vista disk but it tells me their are no problems. It also tells me their are no restore points... Any ideas??? Also.. if i reinstall windows and i DON'T reformat the hard drive will i still have all of my files on the laptop... like i said I need answers ASAP i need to get the laptop back to my aunt tomorrow... thanks

With "Just the Cursor" are you able to move around and do anything? Can you boot in Safe Mode?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo