08-13-2011, 11:21 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have recently been given a laptop by a friend who got it from work. They left the job but the company let them keep the laptop, they could not unlock it so i said i would have a go.

The problem is when i turn the laptop on it is not a windows log on screen it is one put there by the network admins. This means that there is no way of me getting on, so i cant use CMD or any programs to help. (His account must have been deleted form their server when he left because it no longer works with his username and password)

I would like to know if there are any practical ways to get this laptop working again, preferably without paying anything Smile

The idea i have had is to change the bios and boot windows from a USB and see if that allows me to log on. If i change the BIOS to boot from a USB, would i be able to use the computer without the network log on screen coming up? And also, if that does work would i be able to run a full system restore and get rid of that screen for good so that i can then re-install and operating system and the laptop would work fine?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Smile
08-13-2011, 09:48 PM #2
Originally posted by x View Post
I have recently been given a laptop by a friend who got it from work. They left the job but the company let them keep the laptop, they could not unlock it so i said i would have a go.

The problem is when i turn the laptop on it is not a windows log on screen it is one put there by the network admins. This means that there is no way of me getting on, so i cant use CMD or any programs to help. (His account must have been deleted form their server when he left because it no longer works with his username and password)

I would like to know if there are any practical ways to get this laptop working again, preferably without paying anything Smile

The idea i have had is to change the bios and boot windows from a USB and see if that allows me to log on. If i change the BIOS to boot from a USB, would i be able to use the computer without the network log on screen coming up? And also, if that does work would i be able to run a full system restore and get rid of that screen for good so that i can then re-install and operating system and the laptop would work fine?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks Smile

if you can access CMD you can create a admin account using netuser commands.
08-13-2011, 09:57 PM #3
Originally posted by LordOfSpoon
if you can access CMD you can create a admin account using netuser commands.

Yeah but like i said i cannot do that because there is no way for me to log on or anything. Thats why i was wondering if the bootable usb method would work? because would that mean i would be able to log in and use the cmd?
08-13-2011, 10:13 PM #4
Yeah but like i said i cannot do that because there is no way for me to log on or anything. Thats why i was wondering if the bootable usb method would work? because would that mean i would be able to log in and use the cmd?

May i recommend A usb to usb cord hook it up then use command prompt (CMD) access the data on you're given laptop then shut down the admins power via you're other computer/laptop and vola
08-13-2011, 10:18 PM #5

You dont have to be logged into the computer to create an account. When the computer is turned on press your F2 key (it may be different with your computer) which will open the setup options screen. Choose "Safe Mode Command Prompt". This will start your computer with only CMD. From there you can give the computer commands to create an Admin account.
08-13-2011, 10:37 PM #6
You dont have to be logged into the computer to create an account. When the computer is turned on press your F2 key (it may be different with your computer) which will open the setup options screen. Choose "Safe Mode Command Prompt". This will start your computer with only CMD. From there you can give the computer commands to create an Admin account.

F2 opens system set up not safe mode cp xD
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM #7
Originally posted by T View Post
F2 opens system set up not safe mode cp xD

The key may be different. Its NOT in the Bios. All You have to do is boot the system in Safe Mode Command Prompt.
08-13-2011, 11:33 PM #8
The key may be different. Its NOT in the Bios. All You have to do is boot the system in Safe Mode Command Prompt.

wouldn't it be get safe mode --> CMD :luke:
08-13-2011, 11:45 PM #9
Originally posted by T View Post
wouldn't it be get safe mode --> CMD :luke:

When the computer turns on pressing one of the F keys will open the SetUp Menu, there will be 4 options: Start windows normally, Start safe mode with command prompt, start safe mode with networking, start safe mode. Move of to "Start safe mode with command prompt" and hit enter, then you will be able to use CMD to end netuser commands to create an Admin account.
08-14-2011, 08:22 AM #10
When the computer turns on pressing one of the F keys will open the SetUp Menu, there will be 4 options: Start windows normally, Start safe mode with command prompt, start safe mode with networking, start safe mode. Move of to "Start safe mode with command prompt" and hit enter, then you will be able to use CMD to end netuser commands to create an Admin account.

Yeah I have tried this as well but because it is locked by the company there doesn't seem to be a way to enter any start up menus other than the bios :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo