08-26-2011, 02:59 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I ran a CMD.BAT through word at my school because it's restricted otherwise but when I use the "net localgroup administrators (my username) /ADD" function, it comes up with system error 5: access denied. What gives? My friend's done it but he's a douche and won't tell me how
08-26-2011, 03:16 AM #2
Save Point
Most School computers block the running of BATCH files there are various ways to get around this but I have forgotten just search Google and you should find a method. But I would advise you not to mess with school computers it could lead to the administrators to accuse you of damage and tampering with "sensative" information an example of this would be me I was suspended from school for 2 days and had my internet access taken away for the rest of the school year. They aare allways watching stare
08-26-2011, 03:24 AM #3
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by xRAZBAZx View Post
Hi, I ran a CMD.BAT through word at my school because it's restricted otherwise but when I use the "net localgroup administrators (my username) /ADD" function, it comes up with system error 5: access denied. What gives? My friend's done it but he's a douche and won't tell me how

Believe it or not, schools actually often employ some very smart people. But then again, you don't have to be smart to block and monitor command prompt.

Most likely scenario is your friend is lying, or at least bending the truth a bit. The second most likely scenario is that your friend did this prior to them upgrading their security, possibly he was even (part of) the cause of the security upgrade.

If you really want to try to set it through a batch, you'll have to figure out a different way, personally I'd recommend you writing a shell of CMD or trying to go through COMMAND.COM. You could also try to edit the registry of the computer programmatically. If you're up for it, do a little testing of their security, then let me know what they're using to block you (the software and its version) and I'll download a copy of it and see what I find.
Alternatively, just execute a MITM attack on one of the teachers, that should get you their login (though the packets are likely encrypted). You could also just try a good ole social engineering attack (I'd suggest email spoofing followed by phishing, or just an in-person confrontation).

Do note that I'm speaking (and have been speaking) purely in the hypothetically. I don't support, encourage, or partake in illegal activities, such as those that I mentioned earlier, therefore I can't advise you to attempt such things.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo