04-30-2015, 05:46 AM #1
mack32
Hurah!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys! I have been practicing how to use Unreal Engine 4 for about 4-5 months. I have always wanted to create my own video game but I have learned in the past 4-5 months that it's isn't easy working by yourself.

So as of right now I want to to get a team together and start developing a game.

We are going to use Unreal Engine 4 to develop our game in.You must login or register to view this content.

[s]The game genre will be totally be up to the team. [/s]

********EDIT***********
To save headaches I have decided to make the game a first person shooter.

There are 3 main roles when it comes to game development (i might split these into smaller roles at a later time):

Programmer

Programmers will work on the functionality of the game. Everything from key bindings to the networking part of the game.

Designer

Designers will be in charge of how the game will look. They will come up with rough drafts of maps, ui, characters, game mechanics. Things of that matter.

Artist

Artist will create the things that we will actually see in the video game. Textures, shaders(with the help of programmers Smile), models, etc.

If you are interested in being apart of the team, quote me using this template:

Username: What you want to be called

Role: Programmer, Designer, or Artist

Time available: Please include the timezone

What kind of video game would you want to create?:

Also you do not need to have any experience with UE4 to be apart of the team. I want this project to be a learning experience for all of us.

Epic Games has made a whole series of tutorials on how to use UE4.
Here's the playlist You must login or register to view this content.

I hope to best to all you guys who join me and maybe we could release our project to the community.

Oh yeah and also no troll/joke sign ups. They're immature and life is much easier without them.

Team Members

Programmers

1. Mack - mack32
2. God - G̸O̸Awesome face̸W̸A̸R̸E̸

Designers

1. Mack - mack32
3. dangee - sideways01
4. Chynkbud- Chynkbud
5. Reyz - Reyz

Artist

1. Mack - mack32
Last edited by mack32 ; 05-01-2015 at 08:18 PM.

The following 8 users say thank you to mack32 for this useful post:

Geo, Jimmy, kiwi_modz, John, Rath, RTE, Sal
04-30-2015, 06:19 AM #2
Best Mate
Dark Knight
Sure m32
Originally posted by mack32 View Post
Hey guys! I have been practicing how to use Unreal Engine 4 for about 4-5 months. I have always wanted to create my own video game but I have learned in the past 4-5 months that it's isn't easy working by yourself.

So as of right now I want to to get a team together and start developing a game.

We are going to use Unreal Engine 4 to develop our game in.You must login or register to view this content.

The game genre will be totally be up to the team.

There are 3 main roles when it comes to game development:

1. Programmer

2. Designer

3. Artist

If you are interested in being apart of creating a video game then quote me using this template:

Also you do not need to have any experience with UE4 to be apart of the team. I want this project to be a learning experience for all of us.

I hope to best to all you guys who join me and maybe we could release our project to the community.

Oh yeah and also no troll/joke sign ups. They're immature and life is much easier without them.

Username: God

Role: Programmer, Designer, or Artist [ALL]

Time available: Pacific

What kind of video game would you want to create?:multiplayer shooter
Last edited by Best Mate ; 04-30-2015 at 06:28 AM.
04-30-2015, 06:36 AM #3
Code
Banned
I wouldn't mind being a part of this, but I wouldn't be able to do much as I work full time, but count me in for weekends?

NickName: dangee
Role: designer maybe?
Time available: weekends mainly, maybe an hour or so of a night
What kind of video game: any :p
04-30-2015, 11:22 AM #4
ChynkBud
Big Daddy
Would love to be involved, no experiance but willing to learn!

Username: Chynkbud

Role: Designer

Time available: UK - evenings / weekends mainly

What kind of video game would you want to create?: happy with anything but preferibly a Jumpscare / FPS type game.
04-30-2015, 07:39 PM #5
Geo
Don't Believe The Title
Hey guys! I have been practicing how to use Unreal Engine 4 for about 4-5 months. I have always wanted to create my own video game but I have learned in the past 4-5 months that it's isn't easy working by yourself.

The game genre will be totally be up to the team.

There are 3 main roles when it comes to game development (i might split these into smaller roles at a later time):

Programmer

Programmers will work on the functionality of the game. Everything from key bindings to the networking part of the game.

Designer

Designers will be in charge of how the game will look. They will come up with rough drafts of maps, ui, characters, game mechanics. Things of that matter.

Artist

Artist will create the things that we will actually see in the video game. Textures, shaders(with the help of programmers Smile), models, etc.

Team Members

Programmers

1. God - G̸O̸Awesome face̸W̸A̸R̸E̸

Designers

2. dangee - sideways01
3. Chynkbud- Chynkbud

Artist

Good luck with this mack :p your hard work on this is some what inspirational and on what you wish to accomplish, well done.
05-01-2015, 01:40 PM #6
Rath
Today Will Be Different

********EDIT***********

Programmer

Designer

Artist

Team Members

Programmers

1. Mack - mack32

Designers

1. Mack - mack32
3. dangee - sideways01
4. Chynkbud- Chynkbud

Artist

1. Mack - mack32

Good luck bro. I just want to be that one guy who brags everywhere about having access to the pre-alpha build on some sick upcoming game. Also, where is the development director position? I'm great at bossing people around and making decisions for everyone. Drack
05-01-2015, 08:13 PM #7
Reyz
Banned

********EDIT***********

Programmer

Designer

Artist

Team Members

Programmers

1. Mack - mack32

Designers

1. Mack - mack32
3. dangee - sideways01
4. Chynkbud- Chynkbud

Artist

1. Mack - mack32

Username: Reyz

Role: Designer

Time available: GMT, Weekdays from 4PM - 9PM, Holidays from 1PM - 10PM

What kind of video game would you want to create?: Zombie Game, like Dayz
05-06-2015, 02:39 AM #8

********EDIT***********

Programmer

Designer

Artist

Team Members

Programmers

1. Mack - mack32

Designers

1. Mack - mack32
3. dangee - sideways01
4. Chynkbud- Chynkbud
5. Reyz - Reyz

Artist

1. Mack - mack32

Username: John
Role: Programmer
Time available: 12 noon to like 6 in the morning (EST)
What kind of video game would you want to create?: I'm down to do anything

One small note, I doubt I'd be able to like run the game or the software needed to create the game. But I feel I'm an exceptional programmer.
05-06-2015, 04:54 AM #9
mack32
Hurah!
Originally posted by FeverDEX View Post
Username: John
Role: Programmer
Time available: 12 noon to like 6 in the morning (EST)
What kind of video game would you want to create?: I'm down to do anything

One small note, I doubt I'd be able to like run the game or the software needed to create the game. But I feel I'm an exceptional programmer.

As much as I would love to let you join us. You will have to have a pc that can handle ue4. Sorry
05-06-2015, 05:17 AM #10
basshead4ever
Do a barrel roll!
Good luck Guys !! Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo