08-24-2015, 11:06 AM #1
seanhellen
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I have been playing with my datagridview and added a few columns, changed a couple of mods, but thats about it. Now, when I press start, the following error pops up;

Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn'

and highlights

this.Name = "Form1";

I can comment it out and itll work for that 1 time, but it un-comments itself again and Im back to square 1.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Smile
Last edited by seanhellen ; 08-24-2015 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Sorted...my bad :(
08-24-2015, 11:56 AM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by seanhellen View Post
I have been playing with my datagridview and added a few columns, changed a couple of mods, but thats about it. Now, when I press start, the following error pops up;

Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewTextBoxColumn'

and highlights

this.Name = "Form1";

I can comment it out and itll work for that 1 time, but it un-comments itself again and Im back to square 1.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Smile

Feel like we are missing some code here. But the error is clear on what the problem is.
08-24-2015, 12:06 PM #3
seanhellen
Are you high?
I was hoping when i double clicked the error, it would point me to some code i have changed, it points to the form1 thing which (in my mind) is the application name which i have never changed...and how its linking that name to the dgv coluumn i have no idea lol
08-24-2015, 01:26 PM #4
seanhellen
Are you high?
I did think about that but i didnt wanna screw the whole prog up lol
08-24-2015, 02:41 PM #5
seanhellen
Are you high?
Ah - just figured it out...turned out it didn't like me renaming a column name (not header text) from Column1 to ClientNumber...dont know why, but hey...ill live with column1 Happy Sorry for wasting your time guys. Now I have just got to figure out how to use the checkbox columns in a dgv (see my other thread in this section)

Thanks

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo