Post: [Help] Need to restore laptop to how it was when i bought it.
07-08-2010, 11:26 PM #1
DaleD-
Skilled Typer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My laptop is full of rubbish and i want to restore it to when i bought it, with its default programs and no personal documents etc.

1. Please don't say "system restore".
2. I didn't Get boot up discs with the laptop.
3. If your going to tell me to youtube - "Download windows 7 free". No ive read so many posts where its either not activated or messes up the drivers which i cannot be assed to redownload.

Any advice, thanks.
07-09-2010, 07:32 AM #2
The only way i could think if you don't have Disc's and don't want to use system restore is having to buy a new o/s and wiping hard drive then install clean
07-09-2010, 07:43 AM #3
Originally posted by DaleD
My laptop is full of rubbish and i want to restore it to when i bought it, with its default programs and no personal documents etc.

3. If your going to tell me to youtube - "Download windows 7 free". No ive read so many posts where its either not activated or messes up the drivers which i cannot be assed to redownload.

Any advice, thanks.

If you did not get any boot discs then there is probably a hidden partition on there somewhere with your default factory image on it, what make/model is the laptop pls?
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM #4
This is exactly the problem i had.... what i done was, get Ubuntu and burn it to a pendrive.... plug the Usb in & change the Bios to run it 1st, once my laptop noticed the usb i then just ran Ubuntu off it (So i didnt install Ubuntu on my laptop..... well not yet anyway) Formatted my C drive and shut down my laptop, i then used a 2nd laptop to format my usb + then i burn'd a copy of windows 7 onto the pendrive, re booted my laptop and clean installed windows 7. Once i configured everything i made a 10g partition & installed ubuntu so i can now duel boot my laptop =D

~Scouser
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM #5
ARIISSEK
:nyan: Kaffy :nyan:
you dont need the boot discs to system restore.
07-11-2010, 06:14 PM #6
Konsole
A.K.A Konsole
Originally posted by DaleD
My laptop is full of rubbish and i want to restore it to when i bought it, with its default programs and no personal documents etc.

Any advice, thanks.

TBH, i only think you can restore it up to 3 months, so it will never be brand new again :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo