02-03-2009, 08:13 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Let the debate begin. :cool:

What do you like best?

For me, I want the Macbook Pro 15" (Uni-body) for a laptop, and for desktop would have to be a custom built PC. I'm tired of dealing with Vista and ready to go use Mac OS X.

NOTE - NO FLAMING.

Do not flame anyone for expressing their own opinion.
02-03-2009, 09:19 PM #2
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Why isn't Linux an option? You say you're tired of dealing with Vista, so why not give Linux a try instead of only considering Mac? I think you should edit the poll to be Mac, Windows, and Linux instead of Mac and PC, since PC is too generic. If you run Mac OS (evil) on a PC, then what would you pick?
02-03-2009, 09:56 PM #3
Originally posted by magglass1 View Post
Why isn't Linux an option? You say you're tired of dealing with Vista, so why not give Linux a try instead of only considering Mac? I think you should edit the poll to be Mac, Windows, and Linux instead of Mac and PC, since PC is too generic. If you run Mac OS (evil) on a PC, then what would you pick?

True, didn't think of Linux. Only reason I don't use it is because it's not meant for graphic design/photography. Yes I could run OS X on a PC, but that's been a huge pain and it's not just the OS that creates a mac. It's the build quality (referring to their laptops). I can't find another laptop with the same quality other than the Lenovo.

EDIT:
I guess because the debate is always between PC and Mac, not Linux.

Btw, how the hell do you close it or edit it?
Last edited by SeekingBeyond ; 02-03-2009 at 09:59 PM.
02-04-2009, 03:44 AM #4
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by SeekingBeyond View Post
True, didn't think of Linux. Only reason I don't use it is because it's not meant for graphic design/photography. Yes I could run OS X on a PC, but that's been a huge pain and it's not just the OS that creates a mac. It's the build quality (referring to their laptops). I can't find another laptop with the same quality other than the Lenovo.

EDIT:
I guess because the debate is always between PC and Mac, not Linux.

Btw, how the hell do you close it or edit it?

I edited the poll and moved my vote to Linux. Smile
02-04-2009, 04:10 AM #5
i have vista wish i had a mac becuase macs cant get viruses and but they cant download most things that a vista can. but altogether mac is ftw but more costly
02-04-2009, 06:35 AM #6
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by Tha
i have vista wish i had a mac becuase macs cant get viruses and but they cant download most things that a vista can. but altogether mac is ftw but more costly

Macs can most certainly get viruses. There are just a bunch of ignorant people out there like yourself that think Macs are immune to viruses and go spreading lies.
02-05-2009, 06:14 AM #7
Originally posted by magglass1 View Post
Macs can most certainly get viruses. There are just a bunch of ignorant people out there like yourself that think Macs are immune to viruses and go spreading lies.

Lol.

Macs CAN get virus' BUT the user base of windows is much larger. Why create virus' to effect 100 computers vs millions? There's been many debates on this subject and most of them all say the day mac users out numbers windows users... there will be more virus'.

In general.. all you need is common sense to stay away from virus'. If you're downloading torrents.. wait for comments to see if any of them get any Winky Winky. For example when iLife 09 came out.. hahaha all those mac users got ****ed with a trojan.
02-05-2009, 06:27 AM #8
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Originally posted by SeekingBeyond View Post
hahaha all those mac users got ****ed with a trojan.

And they deserved it, too. Smile

But yes, you are correct in that it wouldn't make as much sense to write viruses for a lesser used platform.
02-08-2009, 03:20 PM #9
Rage
NGU Original
i like mac. becuase its good for all media, photo's,music and videos. also good if your a student in the media studies if you get me. Macs are jst cool Smile And not laggy like windows..
02-08-2009, 03:37 PM #10
PCs are too easy to hack and there are too many bugs. My favorite thing about PC is probably that you can customize it it so many ways. And even though I have a PC I voted MAC because I hate Microsoft. I hope they just collapse. APPLE FTW.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo