02-12-2011, 10:02 PM #1
Mighty Jebuz
Nerds √16 Ever!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I think my computer is trying to burn itself to death, so I'm going to be investing in some water cooling for it, to keep it below it's current average temperature (aproximatley 55 degrees). However here's where the problem lies... I have no clue what is good/what isn't in this area, so I am asking you guys for some help/reccomendations on water cooling systems/kits.

So yeah, please post any reccomendatings below, but please bare in mind that I cant afford the earth (unfortunatley). And if you need any other information about my computer just ask and I'll post it.

Cheers :dance:
02-13-2011, 12:30 AM #11
also try to clean the dust in your computer, if you re usig the official cooler it shuldnt be overheating in anyway, try to clean the cpu and apply some new termal paste to see if it does the trick

The following user thanked Teh_Medman for this useful post:

Mighty Jebuz
02-13-2011, 01:29 AM #12
Mighty Jebuz
Nerds √16 Ever!
Originally posted by Medman View Post
so thats what im saying, get a zalman Aircooler and save 30$ you dont need any Water cooling, its useless to you.
tell me what your CPU is and ill tell you what socket it is, anyways with the case you got your cpu shouldn't be old so any decent cpu cooler shoud do the job and FIT.
You must login or register to view this content.

I has the i7 920

Motherboard = ASUS something ill check in 1 minute.

I dont actually have the default water cooling thing installed into it, as the case didn't come with it, and i was like "Nah won't need that :(".

I'll also try the cleaning and shit, see if that helps Smile Cheers to everyone so far
02-13-2011, 02:19 AM #13
so yeah, itll fit, try to clean the dust and change teh termal paste under teh cooler

Mighty Jebuz
02-13-2011, 03:21 AM #14
BB_AjB
Haxor!
A normal air cooler should work perfectly! Now if you were running a processor overclocked by 1Ghz for each core you had then you might need to get water cooling. But with your build just buy a good CPU fan and you will do fine! =) Hope I helped you! Also just clean your fan with a little air (just like a air can thingy) and you could be fine anyways.

The following user thanked BB_AjB for this useful post:

Teh_Medman
02-13-2011, 03:53 AM #15
Originally posted by AjB View Post
A normal air cooler should work perfectly! Now if you were running a processor overclocked by 1Ghz for each core you had then you might need to get water cooling. But with your build just buy a good CPU fan and you will do fine! =) Hope I helped you! Also just clean your fan with a little air (just like a air can thingy) and you could be fine anyways.

thanks dude, finally one that got what i was saying earlier

Mighty Jebuz
02-13-2011, 03:58 AM #16
BB_AjB
Haxor!

Well its true because I know people that use a stock AMD fan that came with their processor and their processor runs cool even when its overclocked! Not everybody needs water cooling in their computer. Also your case might not be very well ventilated, so that could be a major reason also to over heating.
02-13-2011, 05:37 AM #17
nah, the haf, is a really well cooled case(HIGH AIR FLOW is the name lol)
02-13-2011, 04:16 PM #18
Mighty Jebuz
Nerds √16 Ever!
Originally posted by AjB View Post

I get you, I'm going to clean it and replace the paste on it ASAP (To amazon for compressed air!), then if that doesn't work I think I'll go for the large CPU fan thing xD Seem's like a good bet.

Cheers both of you, and everyone else, i'm out of thanks atm, but it'll be heading your way when I can Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo