02-12-2011, 10:02 PM #1
Mighty Jebuz
Nerds √16 Ever!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I think my computer is trying to burn itself to death, so I'm going to be investing in some water cooling for it, to keep it below it's current average temperature (aproximatley 55 degrees). However here's where the problem lies... I have no clue what is good/what isn't in this area, so I am asking you guys for some help/reccomendations on water cooling systems/kits.

So yeah, please post any reccomendatings below, but please bare in mind that I cant afford the earth (unfortunatley). And if you need any other information about my computer just ask and I'll post it.

Cheers :dance:
02-12-2011, 10:08 PM #2
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
[ame=https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-CL-W0075-BigWater-Cooling-Platform/dp/B000FJRLNK]Amazon.com: Thermaltake CL-W0075 BigWater 735 12cm Liquid Cooling System for Intel LGA775 and AM2 Platform: Electronics[/ame]

I have this. I believe that you can afford it.

The following user thanked Hadenkin for this useful post:

Mighty Jebuz
02-12-2011, 10:08 PM #3
Lydey
RyanBell RIP 20.3.11 GBNF
put it in the fridge:carling:

edit : Stop watching pron:O
02-12-2011, 10:17 PM #4
Lick
Custom User Title
Originally posted by Glitcher View Post
Well I think my computer is trying to burn itself to death, so I'm going to be investing in some water cooling for it, to keep it below it's current average temperature (aproximatley 55 degrees). However here's where the problem lies... I have no clue what is good/what isn't in this area, so I am asking you guys for some help/reccomendations on water cooling systems/kits.

So yeah, please post any reccomendatings below, but please bare in mind that I cant afford the earth (unfortunatley). And if you need any other information about my computer just ask and I'll post it.

what socket do you have? and is it overclocked at all?

I have a corsair h50 and it cools my overclocked cpu just fine. Its pretty cheap also.

[ame=https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Cooling-High-performance-Cooler-CWCH50-1/dp/B002QG2H7K/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1297548935&sr=1-1]H50[/ame]

Its also super easy to install. If you want something a little better you could go for the H70 but i think the H50 is probably good enough unless you have like 20% oc

The following user thanked Lick for this useful post:

Mighty Jebuz
02-12-2011, 11:13 PM #5
no need to complicate your life if you'Re not overclocking, just buy any aftermarket aircooler and itll do the job

The following user thanked Teh_Medman for this useful post:

Mighty Jebuz
02-12-2011, 11:14 PM #6
Alt
Banned
The corsair h50 ( someone posted this few posts up lol )

That's a good one for the price aswell, I'd go for that

The following user thanked Alt for this useful post:

Mighty Jebuz
02-12-2011, 11:53 PM #7
Mighty Jebuz
Nerds √16 Ever!
Nah I'm not overclocking, just running norm, I'll check/find out the socket in a few mins, the H50 Looks really good, cheers.

Some extra quick info: Case = HAF 932 which has something on the top allowing for easy full water cooling to be implimented, don't know if that impacts anything xD
02-12-2011, 11:58 PM #8
so thats what im saying, get a zalman Aircooler and save 30$ you dont need any Water cooling, its useless to you.
tell me what your CPU is and ill tell you what socket it is, anyways with the case you got your cpu shouldn't be old so any decent cpu cooler shoud do the job and FIT.
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Teh_Medman ; 02-13-2011 at 12:00 AM.

The following user thanked Teh_Medman for this useful post:

Mighty Jebuz
02-13-2011, 12:20 AM #9
Lick
Custom User Title
Nah I'm not overclocking, just running norm, I'll check/find out the socket in a few mins, the H50 Looks really good, cheers.

Some extra quick info: Case = HAF 932 which has something on the top allowing for easy full water cooling to be implimented, don't know if that impacts anything xD

What they're talking about is a full blown water cooling system. I don't think thats something you're interested it. Its expensive, complicated, and risky if you don't do it right. You basically have to set it up piece by piece and hope it doesn't leak lol.

The H50 is designed to fit into any case. If you have the HAF 932 you wont have any problems.

The following user thanked Lick for this useful post:

Mighty Jebuz
02-13-2011, 12:23 AM #10
pvkd
Can’t trickshot me!
Well I think my computer is trying to burn itself to death, so I'm going to be investing in some water cooling for it, to keep it below it's current average temperature (aproximatley 55 degrees). However here's where the problem lies... I have no clue what is good/what isn't in this area, so I am asking you guys for some help/reccomendations on water cooling systems/kits.

Keep the CPU Usage down, to measure this go to Task Manager > Performance... to keep it low keep programmes and tabs on a minimum, the less CPU Usage = The less hot it will get...

The following user thanked pvkd for this useful post:

Mighty Jebuz

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo