03-03-2011, 10:20 PM #1
Hawk
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright, sadly im on MomasBoyOnline on my PS3 because my Acer Aspire laptop will not boot from my back-up disk to Re-install windows. It was all goin well, the format worked and windows started to install from the system repair disk, but the laptop will get to the point where it sais "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" stays there for about 3 seconds, then it will reboot itself and bring up the menu called "Windows Erroe Recovery", giving me the safemode options. I choose any one of them and it will jus get back to "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" point and start over. I tried changing boot order to make boot from disk first and nothing changes, i try all the options in the F8 menu, same conclusion. I try booting from F12 it doesnt give me the boot from disk option. Finally i tried the ALT+F10 to bring up the emergency menu to format and start again, but the menu does not come up and i get blue, red and green dots from the top of the screen untill the _ in top left corner, all the

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

all the way across the top. Does anyone know what the hell is wrong and can anyone help me?
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM #2
69mw69
Haxor!
Originally posted by OnlineBoysMoma View Post
Alright, sadly im on MomasBoyOnline on my PS3 because my Acer Aspire laptop will not boot from my back-up disk to Re-install windows. It was all goin well, the format worked and windows started to install from the system repair disk, but the laptop will get to the point where it sais "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" stays there for about 3 seconds, then it will reboot itself and bring up the menu called "Windows Erroe Recovery", giving me the safemode options. I choose any one of them and it will jus get back to "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" point and start over. I tried changing boot order to make boot from disk first and nothing changes, i try all the options in the F8 menu, same conclusion. I try booting from F12 it doesnt give me the boot from disk option. Finally i tried the ALT+F10 to bring up the emergency menu to format and start again, but the menu does not come up and i get blue, red and green dots from the top of the screen untill the _ in top left corner, all the

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

all the way across the top. Does anyone know what the hell is wrong and can anyone help me?

you should not have formatted it the recovery discs would have taken care of it. try recovering from the hidden partition, go in the bios and make sure D2D recovery is on then restart upon reboot keep pressing ALT and F10 that should take you to recovery options as long as it wasn't deleted when you formated. hope this helps
03-08-2011, 11:22 PM #3
Cody_h4x
Nobody is like me
Originally posted by OnlineBoysMoma View Post
Alright, sadly im on MomasBoyOnline on my PS3 because my Acer Aspire laptop will not boot from my back-up disk to Re-install windows. It was all goin well, the format worked and windows started to install from the system repair disk, but the laptop will get to the point where it sais "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" stays there for about 3 seconds, then it will reboot itself and bring up the menu called "Windows Erroe Recovery", giving me the safemode options. I choose any one of them and it will jus get back to "Setup is preparing your computer for first use" point and start over. I tried changing boot order to make boot from disk first and nothing changes, i try all the options in the F8 menu, same conclusion. I try booting from F12 it doesnt give me the boot from disk option. Finally i tried the ALT+F10 to bring up the emergency menu to format and start again, but the menu does not come up and i get blue, red and green dots from the top of the screen untill the _ in top left corner, all the

The exact same thing happened to me about 3 months ago. This can easily be fixed by pressing (keep pressing)"ALT F10" at boot until the E Recovery menu comes up and do a FULL system format
than let it do that and it should work. As it worked for me Smile
Ight good luck man.
03-09-2011, 09:08 PM #4
Hawk
Former Staff
Thanks for the help guys. Nothing worked, but as i am on my laptop right now, its fixed. So thanks for the help, it was appreciated.
(I said screw it and bought a 320Gb hard Drive xD)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo