05-07-2011, 04:19 AM #1
Moto Cross
Auction King
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey ngu today I'm going to show you what I'm trying to get as a new gaming rig!

Well to start

The Case:
Decided on the thermaltake VN10001W2N Level 10 Gaming Full Tower Case You must login or register to view this content. SO SICK
The motherboard:
ASRock P67 PRO 3 (B3)Socket 1155 Intel P67

or

Asus rampage III

Depending on the money i can come up with

CPU:

Either quad core i7 or 6 core i7 depending on the money i can come up with

Water Cooling Setup:

haven't decided

Hdds:

5 ssd hdds

Graphic Proccessor:

havent decided exact model

Ram:

12gb+ ddr3

Monitor:

possibly just a 30inch lcd 1080p tv

Power Supply:

Not sure of model

Blue ray Burner/Drive:

LG GGW-H20L Super Multi Blue

If you think i should add something else let me know

il update the post with pics as i receive the products!

I'm somewhat short on the money ATM if your feeling generous if you could donate it would be great you'll get your name in the thread as a donator and something else once this is all doneSmile

Donators:

Be the first:wub:
Last edited by Moto Cross ; 05-09-2011 at 01:10 AM.
05-07-2011, 05:04 AM #2
DCLXVI
Smoke weed.
Damn rich kids.
You're stupid if you buy 12gigs of RAM btw. That is EXTREMELY unnecessary.
i7's suck, buy a Phenom 2. Its cheaper, just as good, if not, better, and about 75% cheaper in case you need to replace it.
Plus, AM2, AM2+, and AM3 motherboards are a lot cheaper, and they do the same things intel motherboards do.
SSD's are pretty much a waste of money, it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper and more beneficial if you just bought 5 regular hard drives.
Having a 30 inch monitor isn't very good for gaming. I have trouble with my 2 26" monitors. i suggest you buy 2 22.5" monitors (HDMI)
Last edited by DCLXVI ; 05-07-2011 at 05:12 AM.

The following 4 users say thank you to DCLXVI for this useful post:

-Lazy-, David S9, Pillar2365

The following 3 users groaned at DCLXVI for this awful post:

Agent Wolf, JakeM, Moto Cross
05-07-2011, 05:11 AM #3
RavagedBoom
Sing My Guitar
Get high powered PC. Play Minecraft.

The following 3 users say thank you to RavagedBoom for this useful post:

coolz3, Duracell, TheMagicPancake
05-07-2011, 05:16 AM #4
I need something that gets me on the internet.. Is that tough to do Mr. Computer Jesus?

The following user thanked Samberg for this useful post:

Pimp
05-07-2011, 05:20 AM #5
DCLXVI
Smoke weed.
Originally posted by Samberg View Post
I need something that gets me on the internet.. Is that tough to do Mr. Computer Jesus?

You must login or register to view this content.
05-07-2011, 12:23 PM #6
Moto Cross
Auction King
Originally posted by skylerleighty View Post
Damn rich kids.
You're stupid if you buy 12gigs of RAM btw. That is EXTREMELY unnecessary.
i7's suck, buy a Phenom 2. Its cheaper, just as good, if not, better, and about 75% cheaper in case you need to replace it.
Plus, AM2, AM2+, and AM3 motherboards are a lot cheaper, and they do the same things intel motherboards do.
SSD's are pretty much a waste of money, it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper and more beneficial if you just bought 5 regular hard drives.
Having a 30 inch monitor isn't very good for gaming. I have trouble with my 2 26" monitors. i suggest you buy 2 22.5" monitors (HDMI)

not rich just using the money i made selling/reparing xbox
05-07-2011, 04:58 PM #7
We have a computer lounge :derp:
05-07-2011, 05:05 PM #8
JakeM
ZOMG HaXz!
Originally posted by Dr.Timid View Post
Hey ngu today I'm going to show you what I'm trying to get as a new gaming rig!

Well to start

The Case:
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Mid Tower Case
Pics You must login or register to view this content.

The motherboard:
ASRock P67 PRO 3 (B3)Socket 1155 Intel P67

or

Asus rampage III

Depending on the money i can come up with

CPU:

Either quad core i7 or 6 core i7 depending on the money i can come up with

Water Cooling Setup:

haven't decided

Hdds:

5 ssd hdds

Graphic Proccessor:

havent decided exact model

Ram:

12gb+ ddr3

Monitor:

possibly just a 30inch lcd 1080p tv

Power Supply:

Not sure of model

Blue ray Burner/Drive:

LG GGW-H20L Super Multi Blue

If you think i should add something else let me know

il update the post with pics as i receive the products!

I'm somewhat short on the money ATM if your feeling generous if you could donate it would be great you'll get your name in the thread as a donator and something else once this is all doneSmile

Donators:

Be the first:wub:

Don't waste money on SSDs. Get a 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital for 50 bucks on newegg and you will be just fine.

Also 12GBS :O Are you planning to run google off this one computer? :wtf: 8 is more than needed. You can always add more.

Get a i7, you will be very happy with the results. Be sure not to cut corners on the power supply or motherboard.

For a graphics card aim for 1GB +.
05-07-2011, 09:32 PM #9
Moto Cross
Auction King
Originally posted by HairLikeF33L View Post
Don't waste money on SSDs. Get a 1TB 7200 RPM Western Digital for 50 bucks on newegg and you will be just fine.

Also 12GBS :O Are you planning to run google off this one computer? :wtf: 8 is more than needed. You can always add more.

Get a i7, you will be very happy with the results. Be sure not to cut corners on the power supply or motherboard.

For a graphics card aim for 1GB +.

What would you suggest for mobo and pw supply?
05-07-2011, 10:05 PM #10
JakeM
ZOMG HaXz!
Originally posted by Dr.Timid View Post
What would you suggest for mobo and pw supply?

Um... Something like this You must login or register to view this content. Try to aim for 750W+ ($99.99) for gaming. Should give you a little extra power in case you decide to upgrade. Also check to make sure your graphics card doesn't require more. Just read the reviews and check the ratings usually they will tell. Try to stick to a name brand. CoolerMaster, Thermal Take, Coursair etc. I picked that one out in like a minute.Do a little digging look for discounts.

As far as MOBO depends. Are you set in stone with that case? Make sure your MOBO will fit in the case. Gigabyte makes GREAT motherboards. Asus, BIOstar makes cheap but quality from what I have read. Make sure your MOBO is designed for your processor as well.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo