Post: How to create a free offline site/forum that runs from your machine.
05-07-2011, 11:52 AM #1
Default Avatar
Cammy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello and Welcome!
Today I will be showing you how to create a offline site / forum running independently from your computer! Some of you may be like, "Wait wtf? offline. What good is that?" Well this can come in very handy if you have a forum and you would like to test functionality of something before uploading it straight to your online forum or just learning more about templates and such by experimenting. You also might be thinking why do it offline when you can do all that stuff online? Well this saves a lot of hassle as you won't have to create a domain name or sign up for any hosting, it's completely independent on your machine! Also it's completely LAG free as it loads of your machine.[/size]

What you will need
(Windows 32bit)You must login or register to view this content.
(Windows 64bit)You must login or register to view this content.
(Mac)You must login or register to view this content.

What is Wamp?
So you're probably wondering "What is this strange link you've given me Cammy?" Well Wamp is a form of mini-server that can run on almost any Windows computer. Wamp includes Apache 2, PHP 5 (SMTP ports are disabled), and MySQL (phpMyAdmin and SQLitemanager are installed to manage your databases)

Text Tutorial
Step 1. After downloading and installing WampServer you will be left with an icon in your taskbar You must login or register to view this content.. (If you're not then go to Start > All Programs > WampServer and run the file "start WampServer")

Step 2. Left click on the icon and open the "www directory". You then want to create a new folder, the folder name will be your sub directory for example You must login or register to view this content.Tutorial

Step 3. Now you insert the files that you want in the directory. For example an index.html file.

More Information
If you would like to install a forum, I recommend this tutorial by ENZO-F - You must login or register to view this content.. I will put a tutorial below how to create a SQL database on Wamp below for anyone doing this.

Creating a SQL database on Wamp
If you decide to make a forum then you will need this, if you havn't then you wont.
Step 1. Click the WampServer Icon in the taskbar, then click 'localhost'

Step 2. Scroll down and select sqlbuddy. If it asks you for a password just click enter as there isn't one.

Step 3. You then want to look for 'CREATE A DATABASE' on the page. There should be a textbox underneath it, enter what you want your database to be called in there and click 'submit'. You have now successfully created the database. =D

Thanks for reading Smile if you need any extra help then be sure to let me know and I'll see what I can do for you Smile

This was written by me =D it's my first proper tutorial.

The following 11 users say thank you to Cammy for this useful post:

<Jimbo>, AgentKing-Botz, Charmander., Dexter., Grandma, itzzJake, oman, SAMCRO, tylerallmighty, XxprokillahxX
06-04-2011, 10:23 PM #20
-.Anonymous.-
Treasure hunter
Wow, looks pretty decent to be honest!
Will try tomorrow.
06-06-2011, 09:47 PM #21
Pass Word
Can’t trickshot me!
Tested, Worked Thanks for this wonderful post =D
06-08-2011, 10:33 PM #22
DeLeTeD
Maggbot timeout!