06-22-2009, 09:40 PM #1
ASH_209
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); hey ngu,

i just got this burner on my computer and i tried burning movies that i have and it wont work. either it does work but my dvd player wont read it or it just wont burn it becasue it cant fininsh the encoding. i have tried all kinds of programs like dvd flick, nero, divx player.

the movies i have on my computer are divx format. which i could convert to any other format. is there a special format that you could have that any dvd player will read and play ?

is there any special program you can recommend using? some kind of burning software.

i use a 4.7gb dvd+R. am i using the right cd? any cd's you would recommend using. like cd+r, cd-R, or dvd-R.

thanx and sorry for all these questions. any help would help

--LOCS
06-23-2009, 03:26 AM #2
н1web
Always Faithful
Well from personal experience I've been making movie backups for about 4 years using Nero Vision not a single problem during this time all the way up until now I quit burning to started streaming from my PC to my 360 for family viewing but I'll tell you what I used and maybe it will help.

Software, I recommend Nero Vision any version. It's typically bundled with Nero Startsmart I think it is called you may be able to download it by itself not sure. You say it doesn't finish encoding though so do you get an error? If you do posting so would help as I've encountered a few errors during my first years but I learned from those so I may be able to help.

Blank Media, I've personally used both DVD+R and DVD-R and have had no problems and have used all brands Sony, maxell, ritek, taiyo, verbatim, tdk, memorex etc no issues with any. There is however the instance that your DVD player may not be able to read either +r or -r so you need to figure that out which one your dvd player will read, by read both and if you have a newer dvd player yours should too.

Burner, I've used a bunch of different burners also and again no issues personally but everyone is different I guess some burners can cause problems just make sure it supports burning of dvd-r/+r obviously but typically it has to do with format of the movie, what it's encoded to etc when they don't play and your dvd player like I've tried using software other than nero and notice my movies weren't playing all the time but whenever I used nero they played.

The movies I use are typically in .avi format but .avi is just a container for video files within and those usually range from MPEG-4, XviD, DivX, wmv but most are DivX some dvd players say DivX support on them I guess that helps mine doesn't not sure if that's a standard thing but something to think about.

When using Nero vision it's straight forward, you add your movie file click next it'll give you options to cutomize the dvd menus I just skip through and use default as it takes more time to encode the menus the more custom stuff you add like a custom picture for example which could be a wallpaper of the movie to make it look real but after that it'll give you a test example here you can navigate the menus with a virtual remote press play etc after this you choose your burner I always set speed to automatic and click burn and it'll start encoding the menu streams first then the movie which for me always takes about 1hr 30 minutes to 2hrs per backup.

Hope this helps somewhat.
06-23-2009, 10:11 PM #3
ASH_209
Gym leader
thanx for the help very much. i will get to downloading that software of nero you have told me and try it out and let you know how it goes. thanx again

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo