08-30-2011, 01:52 AM #1
Default Avatar
x iJB x
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 10 Windows Shortcuts You Never Knew
Source: You must login or register to view this content. // By: Alphas Buttcheek // 30/08/2011

Windows: A widely used well known operating system, with plenty of applications, games, hardware and more. Oh, and shortcuts.

You might thing you know the shortcuts of Windows. Control-Alt-Delete is one. So is Control-Shift-Escape. But there are plently more, such as these:

Windows Key + L

Locks your computer quickly! Great if you need to go out the room but have a nosy sibling.

Shift + Delete

Use this on any file and you'll permanently delete it - no recycle bin, no nothing. Gone!

Alt + F6

Multiple windows open? Don't worry. This shortcut spreads them out for you so you can find what you're looking for.

Shift + Control + N

Gotta make a new folder? But don't want to spend all that time right clicking? Press this and it'll make you a new folder.

Windows Key + M

Millions of Windows open but need to find your desktop? Press this and head back there right away by minimizing all open windows to the taskbar.

Windows Key + Space Bar

Need to view your desktop but not access it? Use this and make all open windows transparent.

Windows Key + Shift + Left Arrow or Right Arrow

If you have a dual-monitor setup, then you can use this to send windows to and from monitors.

Windows Key + Number

If you have apps pinned to the taskbar, you can use this to quickly open them.

Windows Key + T

Browse your open apps on the taskbar quickly, and hit enter on the one you want to open.

Windows Key + (+/-)

Quickly zoom in or out of the screen using Magnifier.

The following 20 users say thank you to x iJB x for this useful post:

Adam West, Anthony, Assassin, Bama205, BuffaloBooker, Camaro, dela_tiges12, GoonerSam, Hondarydr, ILuZzONz, J_MAN, jakerad95, Laney, LEzStarz, Lucy Pinder, Mr Grumpy, Mr. Bean, Rokiz, uyi, xMo

The following 2 users groaned at x iJB x for this awful post:

Gaia, NJN
08-30-2011, 03:40 AM #11
Laney
Ex-Staff
Originally posted by .Rush. View Post
In school everyone does the windows key + "L' to everyone elses computer while they aren't looking to lock their computers. It's quite amusing to see some peoples reactions.

back when I was at school, I used to put pr0ns on peoples computers when they weren't looking Awesome face
08-30-2011, 03:46 AM #12
.Rush.
Banned
Originally posted by Laney View Post
back when I was at school, I used to put pr0ns on peoples computers when they weren't looking Awesome face

Our school does a good job of filtering out and blocking that stuff. That would be funny to do as well though. Happy
08-30-2011, 03:52 AM #13
Default Avatar
Cammy
Knew almost all of these, you might want to add
Windows + Tab - Quickly scroll through any open applications.
08-30-2011, 04:16 AM #14
Criptus
< ^ > < ^ >
Press the Power Button on your PC to turn off without going to Start . Hey, its a shortcut =D

The following user thanked Criptus for this useful post:

Mr Grumpy
08-30-2011, 04:20 AM #15
Knew most of em, but the ones i didnt know made me feel stupid :P
08-30-2011, 05:00 AM #16
TheBryant
Space Ninja
AWESOME!
Here's another one for ya'll

Alt + Ctrl + up arrow key/down arrow key
08-30-2011, 05:36 AM #17
Gaia
Former Staff
This isn't news, anyone can find these sort of information/shortcuts on google

The following 2 users say thank you to Gaia for this useful post:

Booshykins, Hoang
08-30-2011, 09:34 AM #18
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by Gaia View Post
This isn't news, anyone can find these sort of information/shortcuts on google

On NGU, that's considered original content. :dumb:
08-30-2011, 10:29 AM #19
glitchplz
Samurai Poster
For those of you who want to know some more this was posted a while back

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo