05-15-2012, 07:12 AM #1
AyeeLG
Trustworthy lvl 1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Need a Desktop Built for General use and also Gaming.
Ive never actually built one before, so if there is a site where you can get all the parts and they build it for you, it would help a lot.
Price Range: $1500 - 1750
Thanks.
Last edited by AyeeLG ; 05-16-2012 at 07:58 AM.
05-15-2012, 10:12 AM #2
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Hi, I don't know where you are from, but if you are from the USA I think everything I have chosen is cheaper (but it is in Euros here..)
What I've chosen is to give you an example of a good gaming PC, let me explain.

- I have chosen the Intel Core i5 2500k because it's overall the best gaming processor. You could get Ivy Bridge for 20 euros more, but overclocking is a pain with it because they use cheap thermal paste and it gets quite hot!

- I have chosen the GTX 670 because it's 100 euros cheaper than a GTX 680 while it gets 5 FPS less than it (in BF3) !
You must login or register to view this content.

- I have chosen a Blu-Ray player, just cause.

- The PSU (Power Supply) is 850 watts wich is overkill, but if you overclock your processor and put in a second GTX 670 you won't have to get a new PSU.

- 256 GB SSD for extreme speed (OS and Programs, Games), and a 3 TB HDD for storage (movies and shit)

- 8 GB Ram, cheap and shit. You won't need more. It's low profile due to the processsor's cooler wich is huge.

- I chose the ''Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B'' because it's the best price-performence cooler here right now (I'm guessing you'll overclock)

Last edited by Mezzid ; 05-15-2012 at 09:08 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Mezzid for this useful post:

AyeeLG, lZombieGodl, Mr.Oppossum
05-16-2012, 12:44 AM #3
AyeeLG
Trustworthy lvl 1
Originally posted by Mezzid View Post
Hi, I don't know where you are from, but if you are from the USA I think everything I have chosen is cheaper (but it is in Euros here..)
What I've chosen is to give you an example of a good gaming PC, let me explain.

- I have chosen the Intel Core i5 2500k because it's overall the best gaming processor. You could get Ivy Bridge for 20 euros more, but overclocking is a pain with it because they use cheap thermal paste and it gets quite hot!

- I have chosen the GTX 670 because it's 100 euros cheaper than a GTX 680 while it gets 5 FPS less than it (in BF3) !

- I have chosen a Blu-Ray player, just cause.

- The PSU (Power Supply) is 850 watts wich is overkill, but if you overclock your processor and put in a second GTX 670 you won't have to get a new PSU.

- 256 GB SSD for extreme speed (OS and Programs, Games), and a 3 TB HDD for storage (movies and shit)

- 8 GB Ram, cheap and shit. You won't need more. It's low profile due to the processsor's cooler wich is huge.

- I chose the ''Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B'' because it's the best price-performence cooler here right now (I'm guessing you'll overclock)

What do you think about that build?
05-16-2012, 07:46 AM #4
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by LG

What do you think about that build?

- I told you Ivy Bridge is not worth it if you overclock, yet you have chosen an overclockable version.
- HDD and SSD are fine, the SSD seems to be really fast Gasp
- I do not know the cooler, maybe you should do research on it to see if you need Low Profile Ram or not..
- Your motherboard does not support NVidia SLI, just ATI Crossfire......
- If you spend this much money on a PC, why not take higher quality stuff? For example;
But that's just personal preference... If you like the ones you chose, fine.. lool.

It's good but here's what I would change;
- Intel Core i5 2500k
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
- Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Low Profile

Other than that it's good I guess.

The following user thanked Mezzid for this useful post:

AyeeLG
05-16-2012, 07:56 AM #5
AyeeLG
Trustworthy lvl 1
- I told you Ivy Bridge is not worth it if you overclock, yet you have chosen an overclockable version.
- HDD and SSD are fine, the SSD seems to be really fast Gasp
- I do not know the cooler, maybe you should do research on it to see if you need Low Profile Ram or not..
- Your motherboard does not support NVidia SLI, just ATI Crossfire......
- If you spend this much money on a PC, why not take higher quality stuff? For example;
But that's just personal preference... If you like the ones you chose, fine.. lool.

It's good but here's what I would change;
- Intel Core i5 2500k
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
- Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Low Profile

Other than that it's good I guess.

Alright, I didn't choose those items. Someone told me those and I wanted to see what you thought of it as I don't know much about it. Thanks for the advice tho.
Also, I think what you've chosen may be a bit too much for me as I need to buy everything. Monitor, Mouse, etc. Could you help me out with a good gaming computer around $1750 which is around 1400 euros I believe.
05-16-2012, 08:05 AM #6
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by LG
Alright, I didn't choose those items. Someone told me those and I wanted to see what you thought of it as I don't know much about it. Thanks for the advice tho.
Also, I think what you've chosen may be a bit too much for me as I need to buy everything. Monitor, Mouse, etc. Could you help me out with a good gaming computer around $1750 which is around 1400 euros I believe.

Dude that's what I've put above @ the first post Not Happy or Sad
05-16-2012, 08:12 AM #7
AyeeLG
Trustworthy lvl 1
Dude that's what I've put above @ the first post Not Happy or Sad

Yeaa but i still got to buy the monitor, keyboard, etc. which would put me over my limit. Yeaa...i dont know basically anything about building a computer. Sorry for being an idiot about this. :/
05-16-2012, 08:21 AM #8
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by LG
Yeaa but i still got to buy the monitor, keyboard, etc. which would put me over my limit. Yeaa...i dont know basically anything about building a computer. Sorry for being an idiot about this. :/

Naah it's good, thought you meant only the PC.. I'll give it a go hold on.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Here you go, I cut the price with €350 wich can get you your Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse Smile Maybe a speakerset aswell?
I'd recommend this;
€58,- here Winky Winky And here's the new build;
05-16-2012, 09:17 AM #9
I'd go for something like:

i5-3550k, whether overheating is a problem or not, it still overclocks decently and clock for clock is a good bit better than sandy bridge.
Its only a small bit more so its definitely worth getting.
GTX 670, as Mezzid said, a lot cheaper than the 680 and 95% of the performance.
RAM, Corsair is the best brand really, just don't get the vengeance RAM. Aim for 1600Mhz if you can, but it won't make a noticeable difference over 1333Mhz.
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, Good motherboard, I like ASRock the best, good quality and the boards look nice, this board also has the ability to crossfire/sli if you decide you want it in the future.
850w PSU, Corsair are a good brand and available. But try get something modular as they help with cable management a lot.
64Gb SSD, I recommend Crucial M4, very good quality, reliable and cheap. You only need 64Gb as its enough for your SSD and all/most your programs. Install games on the HDD, 7200RPM is still very fast at loading games. Don't get a cheap, unknown brand SSD, they tend to break a lot. Don't get OCZ either.
1TB 7200RPM HDD, this is the least you want to be looking for. I wouldn't get a large 3TB drive or higher than one really, as three 1TB ones are going to last longer and give you better performance than a single 3TB one.
DVD, Just get the cheapest one you can find, make sure its DVD RW though, Blu-Ray isn't needed, nobody uses it as a format.
CPU Cooler, Best air cooler on the market at the moment is the Noctua DH-14. Although its quite expensive. Watercooling is an option too.

Now the case, NZXT are not known for quality, only looks. I suggest going for something that does both.
I like the Cooler Master Storm Trooper, or the Corsair 500R which you said above is nice too.

Don't have access to newegg at the moment, so if you can't find any of those parts by yourself then I'll have a look for you.

I'm not sure what the total of all that is, but it should definitely be inside your budget. If you're going to get a keyboard too, don't get a shitty Lycosa, expensive PoS, if you're going to spend that much on a keyboard at least make it mechanical.
As for a mouse, I suggest the Logitech G500, 2000DPi is pretty low, the G500 can go up to 5700DPi and has 10 Programmable buttons.
Then with the money left over, you should be able to get a cheap 1080p monitor, but if you have 300+ left in the budget then get a catleap monitor. 120Hz, IPS, and 1440p resolution.
05-16-2012, 09:47 AM #10
AyeeLG
Trustworthy lvl 1
Naah it's good, thought you meant only the PC.. I'll give it a go hold on.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Here you go, I cut the price with €350 wich can get you your Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse Smile Maybe a speakerset aswell?
I'd recommend this;
€58,- here Winky Winky And here's the new build;

Alright, im Using Newegg and heres what i got:

This build work correctly?
Last edited by AyeeLG ; 05-16-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo