08-08-2008, 03:21 PM #1
shadeyb
bury me a G
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); how ??
ethernet from PS to PC ?

my friend has a mobile content connection through Vodaphone
ie Plug in a small modem on his laptop for internet on the move

can you use this to hook up PS3 online
08-14-2008, 09:23 AM #2
well maybe u should try it out lol go through the internet settings of ur ps3 and maybe it will work
08-15-2008, 09:58 AM #3
shadeyb
bury me a G
haha
thankx Dirty.. dont think it works tho, friend said keeps coming up DNS error ?
told him to go through the settings but think he's not sure what to do ..

if any1 can help pls post in here as al send him the link ! he's gonna try l8r tonight
08-15-2008, 04:55 PM #4
elfmotat
Rᵤᵥ - ½gᵤᵥR ∝ Tᵤᵥ
you have to go to the settings on the pc and bridge the connection from the wireless card to the ethernet cord. even then the internet speed probably wont be fast enough to play online though :(
08-16-2008, 04:02 AM #5
Surikizu
GUMI fanboy
Well You could always try hooking up PC TO PS3 by usb CABLE OR ETHERNET CABLES Smile hope that helpS. Smile Smile Smile
08-16-2008, 10:52 PM #6
shadeyb
bury me a G
hey man thnx
m8 got the link
so hopefully h'll hook up
Happy
08-21-2008, 03:33 PM #7
The tutorial from Stu.

"You need:

Ethernet Cable of decent length to reach from your Playstation 3 to your PC or Laptop.

Wireless adapter (or if you have 2 Ethernet ports on your laptop or PC then that's fine).

Tutorial:

(PC/Laptop)

Firstly you need to go to your PC or laptop and make sure your Ethernet adapter (in Network Connections) has no manual IP set up. That should be set to automatically obtain the IP.

Right click on your wireless adapter (or the adapter that has access to the internet), select properties then go to Advanced. In the "Internet Connection Sharing" section tick both those boxes and on the drop down list select the Ethernet adapter then click OK/Apply.

(PS3/Other Console)

Set up for a wired connection, plug the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your laptop/PC then to your console. When you get to the DNS section select Automatic or if you want/need to have the Same IP then select the IP you would like aslong as its in the range from 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.0.255 / 192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.255 (you may need to check this information on your PC)

Everything else should be automatic. You should now have a Wired Connection set on your console. Now if you click Ok or whatever, you will see on your Laptop/PC that the connection has been made by noticing the 2 computers in the system tray."

I think Vista is slightly different but you can work it out Winky Winky
Hope this helps
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM #8
fraz422
PS3 Guru
turn off your firewall

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo