04-25-2013, 06:51 PM #1
shmaffle
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i was just wondering if the hard drive off my old ps3 would work in a pc has a replacement hard drive?
04-25-2013, 07:00 PM #2
BlackReaperHD
CocainMatrixx
Originally posted by shmaffle View Post
i was just wondering if the hard drive off my old ps3 would work in a pc has a replacement hard drive?

Sure have a HDD of the Ps3 in my PC as a second drive the only thing is that the hdd is a bit slower cause of the 5400rpm instead of the normal 7200rpm...
04-25-2013, 07:01 PM #3
if your PC has a slot for a 2.5" HDD, then yes, it should work fine.
04-25-2013, 07:07 PM #4
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
and if you want to know, you cant mod the files on it cause they are encrypted so it has to be formatted first
04-25-2013, 07:51 PM #5
Toke
PC Master Race
i was just wondering if the hard drive off my old ps3 would work in a pc has a replacement hard drive?

yes most def it wont be fast but will work, wont be large or fast
04-25-2013, 08:14 PM #6
shmaffle
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by BlackReaperHD View Post
Sure have a HDD of the Ps3 in my PC as a second drive the only thing is that the hdd is a bit slower cause of the 5400rpm instead of the normal 7200rpm...
damn the reason why i wanted to do it was because my pc has gone ridiculously slow, i even tried reinstalling xp but that made things worse :(. i suppose ill just buy a cheap one off ebay then. thanks for the help
04-25-2013, 10:04 PM #7
BlackReaperHD
CocainMatrixx
damn the reason why i wanted to do it was because my pc has gone ridiculously slow, i even tried reinstalling xp but that made things worse :(. i suppose ill just buy a cheap one off ebay then. thanks for the help

look at this: You must login or register to view this content. buyd it myself the only thing u need is a hdd it coasts like 40-50€ and its epic fast...
Last edited by BlackReaperHD ; 04-28-2013 at 10:17 AM.
04-27-2013, 04:32 PM #8
shmaffle
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by BlackReaperHD View Post
look at this: You must login or register to view this content. buyd it myself the only thing u need is a ssd it coasts like 40-50€ and its epic fast...
I would but i don't have 250 to spend on a processor.
04-28-2013, 10:18 AM #9
BlackReaperHD
CocainMatrixx
I would but i don't have 250 to spend on a processor.

but its with the mainboard (+full hd invidea on boar graphics) and RAM-memory...
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM #10

Do not fret, first can you post your computer specs?
Also I should help you note that HDD's can play a HUGE role in computer speed. They contain all the information on your computer and are read from and written to in large scales. If your HDD is bad, or in bad shape, it can hurt a lot.

Uisng your PS3 HDD is not even that bad of an idea. Don't worry about what other people say, 5400RPM was the norm for a long time, 7200RPM is faster but 5400 will beat any old bogged down HDD.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo