04-18-2014, 08:34 PM #1
Vipr
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
They're not 100% MUST HAVE for everyone. But in my opinion, they're needed.

Skype can be used to video call/voice/text chat with your friends and family!
You must login or register to view this content.

Microsoft Office
Microsoft office is a program used to type up lots of important documents.

Malware Bytes
I use this to prevent my computer getting infected from the sly ones.

Photoshop CS6
I used Photoshop to create the thread title.

Dropbox
I use Dropbox to quickly drag files to a PC in my house that's hooked to a printer.

Google Chrome
Chrome is one of the best browsers out there and is used for a lot of different reasons.

Steam
Steam is basically a directory for you to quickly launch and install games - you can also purchase games from the store.

iTunes
iTunes is a program I use to compile all of my music into one big master list sorted by albums.

Spotify
Music Program

PowerISO
This is a very useful tool for burning ISO's to discs.

Gyazo
Gyazo is a quick screenshot with straight upload.

Puush
puush is an alternate screenshot program.

Virtual Clonedrive
You can use this to mount ISOs onto a virtual HDD. (Not needed if your are on Windows 8 Cool Man (aka Tustin) )

Notepad ++
This is commonly used by coders - it's an upgraded version of the simple notepad.

Winrar
I use Winrar to unpack archived files and to compress RAR documents.

7-Zip
7-Zip is another alternative to Winra

Speccy
Speccy is a tool that allows you to quickly see all of your PC's specs.

CCleaner
This tool is used for cleaning up your PC through various ways!

Advanced System Care
Advanced System Care is everything you need for a new PC.

VLC Media Player
A multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

Have anything else to add, feel free to quote me!
Last edited by Vipr ; 08-28-2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

The following 12 users say thank you to Vipr for this useful post:

Belgyrath, Cien, Cryptic, dolby1, eizey3, Kryptus, london-modz, Luxify, Kryptmoose, Value_x
10-15-2014, 09:03 AM #20
Default Avatar
Oneup
Not sure that photoshop is a must have. But you could also go with gimp and as an alternative for MS office you should also list Open Office
10-20-2014, 10:10 AM #21
micemeat
Save Point
Good list Smile
10-21-2014, 09:05 AM #22
MLB
Former Moderator
Thank you man! I downloaded MWB. Smile
10-23-2014, 05:41 AM #23
G33B0X
Climbing up the ladder
How About IDM (Internet Download Manager) its always a must have with me on windows. 😾
12-13-2014, 08:03 PM #24
Steam is great, one of my favorites.
04-12-2015, 03:23 PM #25
I just want you to know, i fix pc's for a living, Advanced system care, Speed up my pc, PC Speed Optimizer, along with ALMOST EVERY program that 'claims' to fix your pc for free is usually trap/scam/crap ware. They install themselves then tell you they will "Scan you pc for common problems" then they usually want $40 to register and remove the problems that they have "found" (usually most of the problems are created by the program itself so that you notice them and will pay). If you pay the initial investment then it attempts to fix the problems that have been "found" in the previous phase, gets about half way through and says that there is a severe problem that cannot be removed by the program and you need to call a phone number for support. If you call they ask to remote into your pc to attempt repairs, usually the "repairs" do "succeed" after about 2 hours of talking and "fixing" your pc, then the person on the other end of the phone tells you that the repair will cost you (in most cases) $200, and most people tell them "yeah right, im not paying, this was an implied free service when i paid for the other program and tried to repair my pc" they will usually proceed to argue with you until you flip out, then they calmly tell you to have a nice day, encrypt EVERYTHING that's not a Core System File needed to start windows (they want you to be able to look at all of your stuff that you can no longer open or use, and most of the time it's everything, pictures, music, personal docs, programs, you name it). The worst part is the command they use is persistent, even if you turn off your pc mid encrypt with a hard power cycle (holding power until it shuts off) as soon as windows loads it continues, most of the time silently and in the background. I'm just posting this as a warning to everyone, I have been fixing pc's for over 3 years now in a mom and pop store 5-6 days a week 8 hr a day and i have seen this HUNDREDS of times.

The following user thanked nsomniac281 for this useful post:

xDebugKiller
06-10-2015, 06:58 PM #26
Hacks321
Save Point
Cpu-id & cpu-z
06-14-2015, 01:09 AM #27
Justin
Juzzy Dee Music
You should add Adobe Illustrator, Sony Vegas & FL Studio to the list. The reason why I've mentioned these is because a lot of gamers can use these programs for gaming videos, but they're also used by many other people Smile
06-15-2015, 08:07 AM #28
Driver booster?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo