02-25-2015, 03:08 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

DX12 will allegedly be enabled to use mixed configurations of AMD and Nvidia GPUs to work together through the explicit asynchronous multi-GPU feature. Since DX12 is rumored to treat multiple GPU as single this would mean 2 8gb 290x's and a 4gb 980 would give you 20gb of vram. It would also be able to combine Intel Iris Pro with a dedicated graphics solution. Exciting Right? Well sadly it won't be optimised for games with solutions like Mantle because... well Developers can't make a game run good on one card these days let alone 3 different ones.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Toke ; 02-25-2015 at 03:30 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

Gay For Satan, Jimmy, mack32, One, PPx7temp, RTE, Ciri, TPB Bubbles, xkoeckiiej
02-25-2015, 09:59 PM #11
TePaiModz
I defeated!
Linus actually made a video on a PC using SLI & CROSSFIRE , in the same pc o.o
02-25-2015, 10:20 PM #12
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by TePaiModz View Post
Linus actually made a video on a PC using SLI & CROSSFIRE , in the same pc o.o

His you had to pick and choose so if u wanted nvidia for a nvidia game or tech, or same for AMD. With this theres no choosing
02-25-2015, 10:22 PM #13
TePaiModz
I defeated!
Ah , thanks for clear that Smile
02-25-2015, 11:14 PM #14
Merkii
Former Staff
Are you retarded? My ps4 already has two hdmi ports, i.e two gpu's.

-Peasant Tom, true earl of Gloucester.

In other news, I got a nice stick today.
You must login or register to view this content.
02-26-2015, 12:45 AM #15
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Low end systems are going to get a major boost CPU with built in GPU and GPUs gaining massive boost in performance. APUs can already do some good performance. At the other end of the scale you have monster systems with high end GPUs linked together.
Line between AMDs APUs and Intel CPU/GPU offer may start to become bigger.

This could mean that 4k gaming at 60fps is now getting closer 2K is going to be way way more stable.
Also means that GPUs can stay around for longer so that $300 GPU could now be a 5 year deal hell even 7 years.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Ciri
02-27-2015, 04:00 PM #16
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Low end systems are going to get a major boost CPU with built in GPU and GPUs gaining massive boost in performance. APUs can already do some good performance. At the other end of the scale you have monster systems with high end GPUs linked together.
Line between AMDs APUs and Intel CPU/GPU offer may start to become bigger.

This could mean that 4k gaming at 60fps is now getting closer 2K is going to be way way more stable.
Also means that GPUs can stay around for longer so that $300 GPU could now be a 5 year deal hell even 7 years.

Well not exactly. Mixing new cards with older ones will still bottle neck the system. Kinda why crossfiring an apu with a decent amd card generally is a bad thing. I don't see people mixing 7 year old cards. This to me is more like oh I bought a GTX 970 and 4 months later an AMD card goes on sale and you pick it up.
02-27-2015, 06:08 PM #17
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Well not exactly. Mixing new cards with older ones will still bottle neck the system. Kinda why crossfiring an apu with a decent amd card generally is a bad thing. I don't see people mixing 7 year old cards. This to me is more like oh I bought a GTX 970 and 4 months later an AMD card goes on sale and you pick it up.

Yea for certain setups this not going to work say newer cards with older ones.
APU with a semi good GPU which pairs good is going to gain a massive boost.
Performance wise this could help keep a system around for sometime.

I don't see the point of AMD cards with Nivida.
02-27-2015, 06:10 PM #18
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Yea for certain setups this not going to work say newer cards with older ones.
APU with a semi good GPU which pairs good is going to gain a massive boost.
Performance wise this could help keep a system around for sometime.

I don't see the point of AMD cards with Nivida.

I haven;t looked at their cards in a while but I am pretty sure AMD tends to have more Vram and in this case that would be beneficial since it's not being mirrored between cards.
04-01-2015, 07:02 PM #19
DEOSS77
NextGenUpdate Elite
Very wait this moment

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo