12-26-2009, 04:19 PM #1
MindSplit
Drowning in Smoke
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); First of all mybad if this is in the wrong section.

I have a Belkin Wireless G Router already set up in a different room of the house. As a gift i received Belkin Wireless N Router which is better. Now the question is, would it possible to bridge or router repeat the two? For example, can i hook up the Wireless N and then have the Wireless G pick up from it to extend my range?

Another question is how do i setup the new router? I tried the install guide from the CD and it said i needed to call the company. Then i tried the 192.168.2.1 site and i'm lost.

Thanks for any help, hope i explained myself clear enough.
12-26-2009, 11:04 PM #2
magglass1
S3rv0r @dm1n
Only certain wireless routers can be used as range extenders. I have a D-Link b/g range extender designed only for that purpose and I have a D-Link DIR-655 802.11n/g/b router that I believe can also be used as a range extender. If the device doesn't support it, then you won't be able to use it for that. Most new 802.11n routers have pretty good range; the best/cheapest solution is to place it as close to the center of your house or area of coverage as possible.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo