01-26-2016, 11:39 PM #1
dxbrya130
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); im looking for a good amd cpu and where i can buy one (yes i know amd sucks) i have a hp pavilion a1700n if that hepls at all

thanks
01-27-2016, 04:19 PM #2
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Your PC is extremely old and outdated. A simple CPU upgrade just would not be worth it, AT ALL. If you're going to spend money to upgrade, buy something of this generation.

The following user thanked Rawr for this useful post:

dxbrya130
01-27-2016, 06:24 PM #3
Honestly you're better off getting a new computer, not a lot of processor out there that support your borad, let alone to find them would be difficult. you're better off buying or building man.

The following 2 users say thank you to UnknownKiller for this useful post:

dxbrya130, John
01-28-2016, 12:36 AM #4
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Alright, I thought I recognized this question before. Or at least a similar one you had back in November. Your computer uses an ASUS A8M2N-LA motherboard, with an AM2 socket. Fortunately enough, AMD still uses their AM2 dies for sockets and processors. Unfortunately, everything else will be extremely outdated. Literally a decade outdated. I wouldn't even attempt to upgrade your computer. Instead I'd build a one around your budget. To answer you question regarding where you can buy processors I'd definitely recommend Newegg. You must login or register to view this content.

With that said, I'm going to go ahead and close your thread. The answer has been thoroughly answered by Rawr, UnknownKiller, and myself. Feel free to create another post if you plan on building a computer. There's plenty of knowledge to go around to guide you through the part selection process.

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

dxbrya130

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo