02-18-2016, 11:17 PM #1
SuperGamecube64
ナンバー1任天堂ファン
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ive a Macbook Pro, When I put my own image as my desktop background it sets and stays there. When I put the computer into sleep and open it back up the desktop is still there. When I turn my computer off and turn it back on the desktop background reverts back to the default Apple background.

I have my Macbook updated to the latest software, still didn't fix it. I looked up the problem on google and none of the fixes worked. Just wondering has anybody else encountered this problem and maybe have a solution?
02-19-2016, 01:38 AM #2
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
That's a problem with the Desktop settings file, so you have to delete it. First, open Finder, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Preferences. Then, delete "com.apple.desktop.plist" and "com.apple.systempreferences.plist", and restart. Finally, you should be able to change your wallpaper and keep it

The following user thanked CyberNomadic for this useful post:

SuperGamecube64
02-19-2016, 01:55 PM #3
SuperGamecube64
ナンバー1任天堂ファン
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
That's a problem with the Desktop settings file, so you have to delete it. First, open Finder, select Go menu (on the menu bar) > Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/Preferences. Then, delete "com.apple.desktop.plist" and "com.apple.systempreferences.plist", and restart. Finally, you should be able to change your wallpaper and keep it

Perfect! Thanks Cyber!
02-19-2016, 02:07 PM #4
Originally posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Ive a Macbook Pro, When I put my own image as my desktop background it sets and stays there. When I put the computer into sleep and open it back up the desktop is still there. When I turn my computer off and turn it back on the desktop background reverts back to the default Apple background.

I have my Macbook updated to the latest software, still didn't fix it. I looked up the problem on google and none of the fixes worked. Just wondering has anybody else encountered this problem and maybe have a solution?

Question answered, closed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo