06-11-2016, 01:37 PM #1
WWSASZ V3
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); There's this tool (forgot name, i deleted it) for BO3, I've heard about all the RATs going round, (it had some suspicious stuff on virustotal, he claimed they were false positives)
so I downloaded it, and i right clicked to do a virus scan, but just as i right clicked, absolutely everything went blue, and windows explorer stopped responding, i couldn't force close it through task manager, then i shut down the pc.

I turn it back on and everything takes longer than usual to load, but it all loads eventually.
now the folder with the tool has more than an exe, there are a bunch of tmp files, i scan everything in the folder and it all had viruses (forgot what type it said, i think malware), so it quarantines the files, but i deleted them anyway.

Now i do a full system scan and it says there are no viruses.

I'm having a really hard time believing that it hasn't installed something hidden somewhere, and it was all just put in the same folder.

anyone know anything less than £9999999999999999999999999999 that will properly check for viruses? (I'm currently using avast)

EDIT:
MrNiato is the *** who has done this, he is posting it on multiple modding sites.
Last edited by WWSASZ V3 ; 06-11-2016 at 01:57 PM.
06-11-2016, 02:06 PM #2
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by WWSASZ
There's this tool (forgot name, i deleted it) for BO3, I've heard about all the RATs going round, (it had some suspicious stuff on virustotal, he claimed they were false positives)
so I downloaded it, and i right clicked to do a virus scan, but just as i right clicked, absolutely everything went blue, and windows explorer stopped responding, i couldn't force close it through task manager, then i shut down the pc.

I turn it back on and everything takes longer than usual to load, but it all loads eventually.
now the folder with the tool has more than an exe, there are a bunch of tmp files, i scan everything in the folder and it all had viruses (forgot what type it said, i think malware), so it quarantines the files, but i deleted them anyway.

Now i do a full system scan and it says there are no viruses.

I'm having a really hard time believing that it hasn't installed something hidden somewhere, and it was all just put in the same folder.

anyone know anything less than £9999999999999999999999999999 that will properly check for viruses? (I'm currently using avast)

EDIT:
MrNiato is the *** who has done this, he is posting it on multiple modding sites.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman, Spybot Search & Destroy are all really good at checking for that kind of shit. In the future i would download and use Sandboxie to open all .exes, it's free and if there is anything fishy in them it'll be run sandboxed so it won't fuck up your computer Smile

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

Dro
06-12-2016, 06:36 PM #3
360 total security it is free and works
06-12-2016, 07:03 PM #4
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by bigronny View Post
360 total security it is free and works

Yes and if the original poster really wants to go all out theres Oracle VM Virtualbox which is free and they'll be able to run an OS in it and run anything they want without it affecting their real OS.

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

bigronny
07-18-2016, 02:20 AM #5
Wtf. I thought RATS didn't exist anymore. FHRITP
07-18-2016, 07:37 PM #6
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Hitman, Spybot Search & Destroy are all really good at checking for that kind of shit. In the future i would download and use Sandboxie to open all .exes, it's free and if there is anything fishy in them it'll be run sandboxed so it won't fuck up your computer Smile

it aint hard to get around that. how about not download anything sketchy
07-18-2016, 07:55 PM #7
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Toke View Post
it aint hard to get around that. how about not download anything sketchy

Yeah you're right, those are just the basics but the best prevention is as you said not to download anything sketchy Happy
07-18-2016, 07:57 PM #8
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
Yeah you're right, those are just the basics but the best prevention is as you said not to download anything sketchy Happy

commonsense2016 also unplugging the internet works cus they cant do shit without internet

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo