06-30-2016, 07:50 PM #1
seanhellen
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi all. I have a new laptop and have installed kali along with the pre-installed windows 10. Try as I might, I cannot get both os to show in grub (or kali to show in windows startup). I have followed many tutorials on how to do it, but I cant get it to work.
To switch between the 2, I have to go into the bios and flick between uefi and legacy modes.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do.
TIA
07-04-2016, 06:01 PM #2
CyberHidden
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by seanhellen View Post
Hi all. I have a new laptop and have installed kali along with the pre-installed windows 10. Try as I might, I cannot get both os to show in grub (or kali to show in windows startup). I have followed many tutorials on how to do it, but I cant get it to work.
To switch between the 2, I have to go into the bios and flick between uefi and legacy modes.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do.
TIA

From my knowledge its not possible to select kali currently in windows start menu, I tried to before thats if you have a UEFI bios computer.
07-04-2016, 08:53 PM #3
seanhellen
Are you high?
Originally posted by CyberHidden View Post
From my knowledge its not possible to select kali currently in windows start menu, I tried to before thats if you have a UEFI bios computer.

Yeah, i have a uefi bios. Oh well, thought there might have been a way round it. Nvm. Thanks anyways
07-05-2016, 05:01 AM #4
CyberHidden
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by seanhellen View Post
Yeah, i have a uefi bios. Oh well, thought there might have been a way round it. Nvm. Thanks anyways

I may be wrong its still worth to take a look into and see what other people reply or wait till near future for an update on the old program that was used. Good-luck
07-05-2016, 07:46 AM #5
seanhellen
Are you high?
Originally posted by CyberHidden View Post
I may be wrong its still worth to take a look into and see what other people reply or wait till near future for an update on the old program that was used. Good-luck

Thanks. I have heard about peeps managing to get win10 into grub, but everytime i try grub-update (or whatever it is) i get mkconfig not found or something along those lines so i gave up lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo