02-25-2014, 04:42 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay I have jailbroken a ipod touch before, and that just ruined the battery on it so I'm just wondering what the bad results of rooting a Android device would be? Would really appreciate for a well thought out response, thanks Awesome face
02-28-2014, 04:30 AM #11
Originally posted by TheNotoriousJHG View Post
No i happen to have a s4 mini

Then why would you want KitKat 4.4?
02-28-2014, 04:31 AM #12
I think it looks cool and its kinda nice instead of the jellybean i think its called
02-28-2014, 03:28 PM #13
What are the differences?

The following user thanked A-RON for this useful post:

TheNotoriousJHG
03-01-2014, 12:25 AM #14
Gehirnstaub
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by RON View Post
Okay I have jailbroken a ipod touch before, and that just ruined the battery on it so I'm just wondering what the bad results of rooting a Android device would be? Would really appreciate for a well thought out response, thanks Awesome face

I had a rooted HTC Desire and a rooted Samsung S3 and my experience is that I will never root a Android device again.
Now I own a Xperia Z without a root and now I'm happy. :-)

So these are MY cons:
- you lost your warranty
- you could brick your phone after rooting the device. I had a bootloop and tried to get my S3 back to life. After I managed it I tried to unroot my device with flashing a original S3 4.3 FW but yeah it failed and then I threw it into my rubbish. :P
- you can not get back to stock rom if you but a Costum Rom on it (could be possible but I didn't managed it)
- you also could get System instability and security
- if you stay on Stock rom after rooting you also get messages when new updates are available and if you update you need to re-root your phone again

The following user thanked Gehirnstaub for this useful post:

A-RON
03-01-2014, 01:14 AM #15
Originally posted by Gehirnstaub View Post
I had a rooted HTC Desire and a rooted Samsung S3 and my experience is that I will never root a Android device again.
Now I own a Xperia Z without a root and now I'm happy. :-)

So these are MY cons:
- you lost your warranty
- you could brick your phone after rooting the device. I had a bootloop and tried to get my S3 back to life. After I managed it I tried to unroot my device with flashing a original S3 4.3 FW but yeah it failed and then I threw it into my rubbish. :P
- you can not get back to stock rom if you but a Costum Rom on it (could be possible but I didn't managed it)
- you also could get System instability and security
- if you stay on Stock rom after rooting you also get messages when new updates are available and if you update you need to re-root your phone again

Ahhh I thought it might be something similar to jailbreaking an iOS device, except for the System instability and security, and if you stay on Stock rom after rooting you also get messages when new updates are available and if you update you need to re-root your phone again part. But thanks for the info that will encourage me NOT to root my phone Tiphat
03-01-2014, 01:28 AM #16
Gehirnstaub
I’m too L33T
Ahhh I thought it might be something similar to jailbreaking an iOS device, except for the System instability and security, and if you stay on Stock rom after rooting you also get messages when new updates are available and if you update you need to re-root your phone again part. But thanks for the info that will encourage me NOT to root my phone Tiphat

Sorry for my mistaces, but I only have english in school. :P
I could try to write it again. My personal opinion is that iOS is safer then Android if we are talking about hacking.
System instability and security:
- So, I had a Costum on my HTC Desire that made my phone much lower until I needed to restart it again 4 example. ^^

if you stay on Stock rom after rooting you also get messages when new updates are available and if you update you need to re-root your phone again:
- Stock Rom = normal official rom from Sony or any other manifacture
As you should know you always get notifications when a new update is availiable. It is sometimes really anoying and if you make the mistake and you update the phone, you need to root it again.

I hope you can understand it better now. :-)
03-01-2014, 01:35 AM #17
Sorry for my mistaces, but I only have english in school. :P
I could try to write it again. My personal opinion is that iOS is safer then Android if we are talking about hacking.
System instability and security:
- So, I had a Costum on my HTC Desire that made my phone much lower until I needed to restart it again 4 example. ^^

if you stay on Stock rom after rooting you also get messages when new updates are available and if you update you need to re-root your phone again:
- Stock Rom = normal official rom from Sony or any other manifacture
As you should know you always get notifications when a new update is availiable. It is sometimes really anoying and if you make the mistake and you update the phone, you need to root it again.

I hope you can understand it better now. :-)

Thanks again, and I do understand it better Smile One more thing, why do people root their phone if there is a chance of bricking it or system instability? If you know.
03-01-2014, 01:42 AM #18
Gehirnstaub
I’m too L33T
Thanks again, and I do understand it better Smile One more thing, why do people root their phone if there is a chance of bricking it or system instability? If you know.

Some of them are developers or hackers. You can check the xda developers forum. This side is specialized of Android hacking etc. Almost every phone is 'represented'
You need to see it from an another side: Some people like to have the 'admin access' and with rooting they can make what ever they want. Like I said there is always the chance to get bricked but some of them don't care about that. Another 'group' trys to get the best out of their Android phone. Here you can compare it with a jailbreak. I personaly own a iPod 4G with iOS 4.2.1 and now 6.1.2 because Apple suck my ... (^^) with their app prices and the in-app purchases. The Android Users would use 'freedom' which has the same effect like iAPFree etc.

Any question left? :P
03-01-2014, 02:01 AM #19
Some of them are developers or hackers. You can check the xda developers forum. This side is specialized of Android hacking etc. Almost every phone is 'represented'
You need to see it from an another side: Some people like to have the 'admin access' and with rooting they can make what ever they want. Like I said there is always the chance to get bricked but some of them don't care about that. Another 'group' trys to get the best out of their Android phone. Here you can compare it with a jailbreak. I personaly own a iPod 4G with iOS 4.2.1 and now 6.1.2 because Apple suck my ... (^^) with their app prices and the in-app purchases. The Android Users would use 'freedom' which has the same effect like iAPFree etc.

Any question left? :P

I see, everybody just has their own reasons. But I think that will be all.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo