Post: GTA 5 is most expensive video game ever at $265 million
09-09-2013, 10:56 AM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); C&P tears

You must login or register to view this content.

Grand Theft Auto V – you have to spend money to make money

It is also is more than any movie bar Pirates of the Caribbean 3, with the game expected to make $1.57 billion in just one year.

Although games with a budget of around $100 million are becoming relatively commonplace, the $265 million (£170 million) budget of Grand Theft Auto V is more than double that of 2008’s Grand Theft Auto IV.

A number of movies hover around the same mark, including famous flop John Carter, but the only film that cost more to make than Grand Theft Auto V is 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.

Despite this colossal investment newspaper The Scotsman reports that Grand Theft Auto V is likely to sell 25 million copies in its first year alone, generating sales of £1 billion ($1.57 billion).

Shares in Rockstar Games parent company Take-Two Interactive, which has often been in financial trouble despite the success of the franchise, have almost doubled in the past year.

‘By any sort of commercial scale, Grand Theft Auto is easily Scotland’s largest cultural export ever. The series has sold something like 135 million copies so far,’ said Scottish Games Network’s Brian Baglow to The Scotsman.

‘The series has come on not just in leaps and bounds, but in long jumps since then. It’s become far more than the sum of its parts, it’s a fully global phenomenon. This is the fifth major release, and the nice thing is that all of them have been made here in Scotland.’

Although the London-born Dan and Sam Houser are the lead writers and producers for Grand Theft Auto, the franchise has always been made in Scotland.

Development studio Rockstar North is based in Edinburgh, but started life in Dundee as DMA Design – where it made popular 16-bit games such as Lemmings and Unirally.

The following 3 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Fer, Gommy,
09-09-2013, 02:57 PM #2
Fer
Banned
Originally posted by Alt View Post
C&P tears

Grand Theft Auto V – you have to spend money to make money

It is also is more than any movie bar Pirates of the Caribbean 3, with the game expected to make $1.57 billion in just one year.

Although games with a budget of around $100 million are becoming relatively commonplace, the $265 million (£170 million) budget of Grand Theft Auto V is more than double that of 2008’s Grand Theft Auto IV.

A number of movies hover around the same mark, including famous flop John Carter, but the only film that cost more to make than Grand Theft Auto V is 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.

Despite this colossal investment newspaper The Scotsman reports that Grand Theft Auto V is likely to sell 25 million copies in its first year alone, generating sales of £1 billion ($1.57 billion).

Shares in Rockstar Games parent company Take-Two Interactive, which has often been in financial trouble despite the success of the franchise, have almost doubled in the past year.

‘By any sort of commercial scale, Grand Theft Auto is easily Scotland’s largest cultural export ever. The series has sold something like 135 million copies so far,’ said Scottish Games Network’s Brian Baglow to The Scotsman.

‘The series has come on not just in leaps and bounds, but in long jumps since then. It’s become far more than the sum of its parts, it’s a fully global phenomenon. This is the fifth major release, and the nice thing is that all of them have been made here in Scotland.’

Although the London-born Dan and Sam Houser are the lead writers and producers for Grand Theft Auto, the franchise has always been made in Scotland.

Development studio Rockstar North is based in Edinburgh, but started life in Dundee as DMA Design – where it made popular 16-bit games such as Lemmings and Unirally.

I can't help but imagine how much I could get at Taco-bell with $265 million.
09-09-2013, 03:01 PM #3
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by FerTheWin View Post

I've never had Taco-bell tears

The following 2 users say thank you to Alt for this useful post:

Kidd Cold, Master0wn3r
09-09-2013, 03:04 PM #4
Fer
Banned
I've never had Taco-bell tears

Really? Well...

Heres the door, don't let it hit you on the way out tears
09-09-2013, 03:06 PM #5
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!

I'll make you Tacos and stuff for 1/2 - 1/4 the price of Taco-Bell; Won't taste like crap either!

To op: All these GTA 5 articles are driving me nuts ( not yours, just all in general); I'm sick of waiting... Would be nice if Rockstar screwed up and sent me my copy a week early.
09-09-2013, 03:11 PM #6
Alt
Banned
Really? Well...

Heres the door, don't let it hit you on the way out tears

tears
09-09-2013, 03:12 PM #7
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Kidd
I'll make you Tacos and stuff for 1/2 - 1/4 the price of Taco-Bell; Won't taste like crap either!

To op: All these GTA 5 articles are driving me nuts ( not yours, just all in general); I'm sick of waiting... Would be nice if Rockstar screwed up and sent me my copy a week early.

Haha yeah I know the feeling! Might even take the day off to play it! tears
09-09-2013, 03:25 PM #8
Gommy
I’m too L33T
Incredible, i guess they took the the risk and it worked out and in their favor now the profits they will achieve will be insane.

The following user thanked Gommy for this useful post:

Alt
09-09-2013, 03:58 PM #9
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Gommy View Post
Incredible, i guess they took the the risk and it worked out and in their favor now the profits they will achieve will be insane.

its quite a difference, GTA IV was "only" 100 million, so this has to be atleast 2-3 times bigger and better Smile
09-09-2013, 04:35 PM #10
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Haha yeah I know the feeling! Might even take the day off to play it! tears

I have the day after it comes out off; I was going to call in on Thursday. But I called in last Friday... Had a rough day; Lost my cell phone in the auto store, cut my arm and my hand open, found cellphone lost wallet and keys... I can start my truck without the keys ( code button thing) So went to previous store to look for them... Found Keys in visor ( I never put them there) and wallet was in the bed of my truck; oh then I hit my head on the truck while changing the oil.. It was a good idea to call in.

Geek'd for GTA 5 tho!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo