Post: Travel healthcare as a way to explore the US
09-30-2026, 02:07 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I’ve always liked the idea of seeing more of the US, and travel healthcare seems like a pretty interesting way to do that while still working. For those who have done multiple assignments in different states, do you actually get enough free time to explore, or does it sound better in theory than it is in real life? Dancing
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
09-30-2026, 02:33 PM #2
It really depends on the assignment and your schedule, but it can definitely be a good way to experience different parts of the country. A lot of contracts are around 13 weeks, so you’re actually living somewhere for a few months rather than just visiting for a weekend.

I’d recommend choosing assignments based on both the job and the location you want to experience. You must login or register to view this content. is worth checking out for this. They specialize in allied health travel jobs across the US, and you can look for opportunities in different locations. They also offer support with housing and the practical side of moving for an assignment, which can make things easier.
09-30-2026, 04:28 PM #3
I think the biggest thing is not treating every assignment like a vacation. You’re still there to work, and some weeks you probably won’t have much energy for exploring. But having a few months in a new city gives you plenty of opportunities to see places you probably wouldn’t have visited otherwise. I’d personally choose a location where there are several things I’d like to do nearby, not just one attraction.

Copyright © 2026, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo