Post: How do you access the filesystem of the iPhone 4S with only the firmware file?
10-16-2011, 05:53 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I want to explore the 4S filesystem so I can see what's new, see how Siri works and maybe try to port it onto my iPhone 4 and 3GS. I know someone is already working on this but I want to see this for myself. I will report back here on any of my findings and make a demo video or two of me talking to it. I know that it has to connect to apple's servers but I also know basic commands will work just as well with or without internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
10-16-2011, 06:53 PM #2
-Skyline
Anonymous
You can't until the 4S has been Jailbroken, shouldn't be long.
10-16-2011, 07:08 PM #3
Default Avatar
x iJB x
Originally posted by samergalall View Post
I want to explore the 4S filesystem so I can see what's new, see how Siri works and maybe try to port it onto my iPhone 4 and 3GS. I know someone is already working on this but I want to see this for myself. I will report back here on any of my findings and make a demo video or two of me talking to it. I know that it has to connect to apple's servers but I also know basic commands will work just as well with or without internet. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Alright, let me explain a few things.

1) To explore the iPhone 4S filesystem, you'll need it jailbroken, and as of now, none of the iPhone Devs have a 4S, so they cannot develop jailbreaks for the newer devices. So you're gonna have to wait.
2) Siri has been semi-ported, but is useless since Siri requires the 4S's extra processor.

The 4S jailbreak will be soon available but not for a while.
10-16-2011, 07:13 PM #4
But, someone has already ported it to iphone 4 without a jailbreak of a 4s. He had to get it a different way because it was impossible for him to jailbreak the 4s. The question is, how did he accomplish this?

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

That's where you are wrong. Take a look. You must login or register to view this content.

This is on every site about iPhones that I have seen.
10-16-2011, 07:45 PM #5
Default Avatar
x iJB x
Originally posted by samergalall View Post
But, someone has already ported it to iphone 4 without a jailbreak of a 4s. He had to get it a different way because it was impossible for him to jailbreak the 4s. The question is, how did he accomplish this?

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

That's where you are wrong. Take a look. You must login or register to view this content.

This is on every site about iPhones that I have seen.

He either has a developer device (which allow root FS access) or he has access to the dev's testing JB, which is unlikely. And that's what I mean by "semi-ported" so I am correct.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo