02-27-2012, 12:11 AM #1
AtombombAngel
.Walking Paradox.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I seem to be having a problem with my iPhone, recently I came to find I could not send text or iMessages. I am running Jail-broken iPhone 4s on IOS 5.0.1. Everything else seems to work fine and I can receive texts just not send them. Any help would be much appreciated.
02-27-2012, 03:55 AM #2
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by AtombombAngel View Post
I seem to be having a problem with my iPhone, recently I came to find I could not send text or iMessages. I am running Jail-broken iPhone 4s on IOS 5.0.1. Everything else seems to work fine and I can receive texts just not send them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Are you using the stock Message.app or you're using a 3rd party app like biteSMS or Messages+?
02-27-2012, 04:03 AM #3
I seem to be having a problem with my iPhone, recently I came to find I could not send text or iMessages. I am running Jail-broken iPhone 4s on IOS 5.0.1. Everything else seems to work fine and I can receive texts just not send them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Should work after that.
02-27-2012, 04:30 AM #4

Sometimes one of the easiest and simplest things to do is to turn your iPhone off then back on.
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM #5
AtombombAngel
.Walking Paradox.
Originally posted by Stud
Sometimes one of the easiest and simplest things to do is to turn your iPhone off then back on.

Originally posted by Battle
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Should work after that.

Originally posted by .Coqui View Post
Are you using the stock Message.app or you're using a 3rd party app like biteSMS or Messages+?

I'm using the stock Messenger. I tried all the things you guys suggested but to no avail. I also took out the sim and reset the phone. I am hesitant to completely restore my phone but it looks to be the only thing that may work.
02-27-2012, 08:00 PM #6
Coqui
Former Staff
I'm using the stock Messenger. I tried all the things you guys suggested but to no avail. I also took out the sim and reset the phone. I am hesitant to completely restore my phone but it looks to be the only thing that may work.

Maybe is a problem with your carrier, you can contact the Customer Service and ask them why you're having that problem.
02-27-2012, 08:34 PM #7
Millz
Worth the Weight
Are you sure you are using iMessage correctly? You must have the other persons number under iPhone in your contacts not just as a regular phone number. I know it sounds stupid but it happened to me.

If not then you might just have to restore, since after installing a custom theme on my iPhone I could no longer make calls or my iPhone would lock up.

Are you connected to WiFi or 3G? Try both?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo