Post: [Tutorial] GameBoy, Ringtones, and Wallpapers on your phone!
06-07-2009, 04:13 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is my first post and tut on NextGenUpdate! Hope you can all enjoy and use this Smile

Whether you would like to put your own ringtones, wall papers, and games, this is the most time efficient and effective way to replace, overwrite, and inject files into your mobile phone.

NOTE: I have used this method on several different motorolla, Nokia, and LG phones, most recently the LG Rumor, works like a charm!

Tools Needed;

USB cord that connects to your phone
BitPim - A free program that access your phone's files (You must login or register to view this content.)
MeBoy - A converter tool that allows the user to make a .gba file for a computer emulator into a java file compatible with most phones
Music tool - Any program that allows you to snip and cut parts out of songs to become your ringtone.
Converter tool - Easy enough you have to use common sense to convert your .mp3 or .wma files into one that can be played on your phone.

BitPim Instructions;
1. Open the program and on the top right of the menu there is a button entitled, "Find Phone." Search for your phone, if it is not compatible do not give up hope! A settings menu will pop up, allowing you to specify what the program is searching for. If your phone is not listed, find the closest matching, it will most likely connect, not allowing you to use the whole program, but still allowing you to access internal files.
2. After finding the phone and connecting it to Bitpim, be sure to save your phone so you won't have to continue going through this long process.
3. Click FileSystem located on the bottom left menu on the side, from there you can access your phone's internal files and folders.

Wall Papers -

Open Bitpim and connect to your phone
Afterwards, search through your folders until you find your media center, usually listed as "pics" or "mediafiles" in your phone.
Take a random ass picture on your phone, doesn't matter of what.
You will see that most phones use computer pictures so you won't have to convert any files.
Left click on the most recent picture you have taken of a random object, click "overwrite" and select the picture from your desktop.
Disconnect your phone from the USB and go into your picture library.
Your new picture should be there for you to enjoy!

RingTones -

NOTE: This may not work for all phones but this is a basic tutorial and will work for most phones. Also a tip for finding Voice Memos, search through your phone without taking one, take a few, find the newly added files in your phone.

Using your music snippit program, find the part of the song you like, save it as an .mp3 file and close the program.
Using your phone, go to settings / tools section and record a stupid jibberish like noise using the voice memo program.
Go into your phone, find the voice memo folder (It may be in your media section with your pictures and videos)
Look at which file it is usually .vm or .amr and open google, search for a converter that will make your .mp3 into that file. The one I have used in the past is (You must login or register to view this content.)
On Bitpim select the file, left click, and overwrite the file with your new file.
With your phone go to voice memos, listen to it to see if it transfered correctly and put it as your ringtone.

Put GBA games on your phone!

Find the game you want by going on a rom site, making sure it's a gba game, not gbv or gbc.
Open MeBoyBuilder, select the file, convert into a java based game.
Open Bitpim, go into your gaming section of your phone. (Finding this may be difficult but you can do it if you're really determined.)
Either get the demo of your previous games or inject the new java file into your phone.
Unplug your phone and enjoy! It may lag depending on the model and year of your phone. I found it works the best on Sony Ericson.

Be free to ask me any questions or PM me if you would like some 1 on 1 help.
Thanks!

The following 2 users say thank you to DonVodka for this useful post:

Batman™, Slash2793
06-07-2009, 07:07 AM #2
ok then.......
06-07-2009, 01:36 PM #3
I tried the MeBoy and it was crazy slow lol.
06-07-2009, 10:06 PM #4
Originally posted by OneSider View Post
I tried the MeBoy and it was crazy slow lol.

That could have something to do with what rom you used and what phone you had.
06-07-2009, 10:44 PM #5
Originally posted by BleedingPainter View Post
That could have something to do with what rom you used and what phone you had.
I tried 2 different ones and they were both slow so I guess it is my phone.
06-08-2009, 03:04 AM #6
Dingus98
[move]fuk up m8[/move]
i really wish i had a cell phone. :(
06-10-2009, 05:35 PM #7
CelticBhoy
Bounty hunter
bing b
06-10-2009, 11:15 PM #8
Batman™
I defeated!
i jail broke my iphone and can get that for free thru iphone.
06-14-2009, 04:41 PM #9
Originally posted by joe
i jail broke my iphone and can get that for free thru iphone.

What generation of Iphone do you have? My buddies got his iphone jail broken and he has a n64 game on his. I don't know how he did it but I can ask him if you'd like to find out.
06-17-2009, 04:25 AM #10
Slash2793
Vault dweller
I will try this on my verizon motorolla something. Verizon sucks in my opinion

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo