03-20-2011, 07:18 AM #1
schnzrs
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I am thinking of learning this language. I have looked at C# source code before, and it looks very Java-esque (which I like). My main reason for learning this language is for XNA, which I will learn after I learn C#.

But my question is, does anyone know some books/sites/videos or anything for learning C#? I have looked around google and I have not really found anything good. :(

This will also be my first time working with .NET
03-20-2011, 07:29 AM #2
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by schnzrs View Post
I am thinking of learning this language. I have looked at C# source code before, and it looks very Java-esque (which I like). My main reason for learning this language is for XNA, which I will learn after I learn C#.

But my question is, does anyone know some books/sites/videos or anything for learning C#? I have looked around google and I have not really found anything good. :(

You must login or register to view this content.

Great place to get started. I have dabbed a little with it and made:
You must login or register to view this content. in C#.

So if you need some assistance down that road I could pry help out

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

schnzrs
03-20-2011, 01:46 PM #3
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
I am thinking of learning this language. I have looked at C# source code before, and it looks very Java-esque (which I like). My main reason for learning this language is for XNA, which I will learn after I learn C#.

C# was based off of java so it is very object-oriented and the syntax is very similar. I suggest browsing through the namespaces on MSDN to get the feel of the language Smile Message me on AIM: Kiwimoosical and I'll help.
Last edited by kiwimoosical ; 03-21-2011 at 08:14 PM.
03-20-2011, 03:24 PM #4

What type of applications you intending on making?
03-20-2011, 03:56 PM #5
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
What type of applications you intending on making?

XNA = Game programming:
03-20-2011, 06:09 PM #6
Originally posted by kiwimoosical View Post
XNA = Game programming:

Yea but.. why is he using C# to make a game O_o
03-20-2011, 06:18 PM #7
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by TheUberFail View Post
Yea but.. why is he using C# to make a game O_o

Because XNA uses C#
03-21-2011, 05:35 PM #8
elsvinprins
Save Point
I have the advanced knowledge about the C# language. There are many books and websites are available to learn the C#. The Learn advanced .NET programming techniques is the best book to learn the Visual Studio with C#.
03-21-2011, 06:08 PM #9
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Lets just say I was making an FF Viewer for PS3 in C# till the 1.12 patch came out. I'm still making it since everyday there are breakthroughs in modding etc. But EliteMossy is about the most experienced C# coder here....
03-21-2011, 07:05 PM #10
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by RathHavoc View Post
Lets just say I was making an FF Viewer for PS3 in C# till the 1.12 patch came out. I'm still making it since everyday there are breakthroughs in modding etc. But EliteMossy is about the most experienced C# coder here....

If you think he is the most experienced you obviously haven't seen a lot of other people's work.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo