06-01-2011, 04:49 PM #1
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

JC# is a version of C# written in Java. What me and my team are doing currently is porting all of the classes from the C# namespaces into a single Java package.

Some people may be wondering what this could be useful for? Well...
-C# programmers can now be comfortable programming in a Java environment, with the help of my package
-People who program in both C# and Java can now make use of both of the languages classes in one program.
-People who are C# programmers can now program cross platform without having to pay for something like mono develop :3
-It's open source Awesome face
-Free

At the moment my team has completed the System.IO namespace and we are working on System, if anyone is a Java programmer and wants to help, that'd be great, just post below or PM me!!

Here are some picture of the project:

Baiiii!
Last edited by kiwimoosical ; 06-01-2011 at 04:53 PM.

The following user thanked kiwimoosical for this useful post:

Epic?
06-01-2011, 05:07 PM #2
BAMF
Social Engineer
Sweet. do you suppose this will be easier to learn than most other computing languages?
06-01-2011, 05:09 PM #3
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Jerseyy View Post
Sweet. do you suppose this will be easier to learn than most other computing languages?

It will help I suppose, you will be able to program in C# and Java at the same time. I might turn this into a full programming language Winky Winky
06-01-2011, 05:40 PM #4
<Jimbo>
</Jimbo>
I don't like the idea at all. It seems lazy. I suppose it may help learners.

The following user groaned <Jimbo> for this awful post:

Epic?
06-01-2011, 06:01 PM #5
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by 9685
I don't like the idea at all. It seems lazy. I suppose it may help learners.

How is this lazy? It's realistic. C# is the most widely used language professionally in the real world. What this does is allow C# programmers, who most likely are also experienced in java, make use of both the .NET framework, and the Java framework. If anything it makes the programmers able to work more efficiently making use of both framework's classes. Your re-buttle?

The following user thanked kiwimoosical for this useful post:

Epic?
06-14-2011, 09:14 PM #6
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by kiwimoosical View Post

JC# is a version of C# written in Java. What me and my team are doing currently is porting all of the classes from the C# namespaces into a single Java package.

Some people may be wondering what this could be useful for? Well...
-C# programmers can now be comfortable programming in a Java environment, with the help of my package
-People who program in both C# and Java can now make use of both of the languages classes in one program.
-People who are C# programmers can now program cross platform without having to pay for something like mono develop :3
-It's open source Awesome face
-Free

At the moment my team has completed the System.IO namespace and we are working on System, if anyone is a Java programmer and wants to help, that'd be great, just post below or PM me!!

Here are some picture of the project:

Baiiii!

So I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you are doing...
Are you rebuilding the .NET framework in Java, or are you completely replicating the entire language on C# in Java?
For example, would I be able to take code directly from a C# program, and then use your package to run it in Java?
06-14-2011, 10:42 PM #7
kiwimoosical
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by AsianInvasion View Post
So I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you are doing...
Are you rebuilding the .NET framework in Java, or are you completely replicating the entire language on C# in Java?
For example, would I be able to take code directly from a C# program, and then use your package to run it in Java?

Essentially it's a replica of the .NET framework.
06-15-2011, 12:02 AM #8
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by kiwimoosical View Post
Essentially it's a replica of the .NET framework.

I see. That's pretty cool.
06-15-2011, 04:30 PM #9
Josh_ox3
Treasure hunter
You must login or register to view this content. Sad Awesome

Anyways, this looks amazing.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo