06-30-2013, 06:30 PM #1
MrSpliiffy
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); i Need Help
Does Anyone Know How to add a Update Button to a application C'Sharp ?
Saves Me To keep Posting Same Application Over and over if You Can Help Add My Skype mrspliiffymodz

Cheers Smile
Last edited by MrSpliiffy ; 06-30-2013 at 06:32 PM.
07-19-2013, 04:54 PM #11
Originally posted by Pichu View Post
No credit needed. I just put the stuff out there to help others. When I was learning C# I didn't really have much tutorials, snippets, etc to work off of so I had to go about the hard way.

Yh I also usually learn by myself :P
I also had another update method but this is better.
Mine was
upload a file called verify.txt to DropBox and create a FTP Server.
on Form_Load it downloaded the verify.txt and read the first 5 chars (1.0.0 or whatever) and if it was different from the current app version it would ask if you wanted to download and then I just had to kept a file with the same name on my FTP Server but this one is better Happy
07-19-2013, 05:07 PM #12
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by MW2TopTenWORLD View Post
Yh I also usually learn by myself :P
I also had another update method but this is better.
Mine was
upload a file called verify.txt to DropBox and create a FTP Server.
on Form_Load it downloaded the verify.txt and read the first 5 chars (1.0.0 or whatever) and if it was different from the current app version it would ask if you wanted to download and then I just had to kept a file with the same name on my FTP Server but this one is better Happy

Well, I'm going to work on on a newer version of this which is going to be even better as well as more efficient. I'll post that here and on my site when I do it.
07-19-2013, 05:12 PM #13
Well, I'm going to work on on a newer version of this which is going to be even better as well as more efficient. I'll post that here and on my site when I do it.

Cool Happy Il check it out.
07-21-2013, 06:06 PM #14
Originally posted by MrSpliiffy View Post
i Need Help
Does Anyone Know How to add a Update Button to a application C'Sharp ?
Saves Me To keep Posting Same Application Over and over if You Can Help Add My Skype mrspliiffymodz

Cheers Smile

This is what I do and it's relatively easy.

In your form one class. Define the build version.

const double app_ver = 1.0;

Then in your update func

private void update_app()
{
double new_ver = Convert.ToDouble(new StreamReader(new WebClient().OpenRead("https://yoursite.com/version.txt")).ReadToEnd());
if( app_ver < new_ver )
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start( "https://yoursite.com/release.zip" );
}

Where yoursite.com/version.txt is a txt file with text in it like "1.1", and relase.zip is your latest build of your application.

Simply to update just change version.txt and upload release.zip to a server. Pretty easy and what I do :p
Last edited by Jakes625 ; 07-21-2013 at 06:09 PM.
07-21-2013, 07:26 PM #15
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Jake625 View Post
This is what I do and it's relatively easy.

In your form one class. Define the build version.

const double app_ver = 1.0;

Then in your update func

private void update_app()
{
double new_ver = Convert.ToDouble(new StreamReader(new WebClient().OpenRead("https://yoursite.com/version.txt")).ReadToEnd());
if( app_ver < new_ver )
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start( "https://yoursite.com/release.zip" );
}

Where yoursite.com/version.txt is a txt file with text in it like "1.1", and relase.zip is your latest build of your application.

Simply to update just change version.txt and upload release.zip to a server. Pretty easy and what I do :p

You don't even need to define a const variable as you are able to get the build info, etc.

There are lots of ways to do this; I prefer XML files for structural purposes. ^_^
07-21-2013, 07:44 PM #16
You don't even need to define a const variable as you are able to get the build info, etc.

There are lots of ways to do this; I prefer XML files for structural purposes. ^_^

true but it takes less code lol. Up to the OP. It's his app after all
07-21-2013, 08:25 PM #17
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
true but it takes less code lol. Up to the OP. It's his app after all

Well, I've gotta correct the code because it only reads 1 item in the xml or else it produces an error. I'm rewriting it so that you can put, say... 10 program information in a single XML so you just have to work with that one rather than 10 text files. :P
07-21-2013, 11:13 PM #18
Well, I've gotta correct the code because it only reads 1 item in the xml or else it produces an error. I'm rewriting it so that you can put, say... 10 program information in a single XML so you just have to work with that one rather than 10 text files. :P

Here you go man. They already have a class for that.

You must login or register to view this content.
07-21-2013, 11:52 PM #19
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Here you go man. They already have a class for that.

You must login or register to view this content.

Xml Linq is so nice, ^_^

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo