Post: What Do I Need To Play "Backed Up" Games On DS Lite
01-04-2015, 02:28 PM #1
Alt
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
My Mum has a DS Lite and she loves it.

I read something ages ago that you could play backed up games from a micro SD card with modified cartridge.

However I can't remember the name of it at all.
01-07-2015, 04:14 PM #2
ATypicalSe7en
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by Alt View Post
My Mum has a DS Lite and she loves it.

I read something ages ago that you could play backed up games from a micro SD card with modified cartridge.

However I can't remember the name of it at all.

Personally I used the R4 with Wood Kernel back then when playing on the DS lite worked almost flawlessly and was a cheap option. Should only cost about $6-$9 now for the flashcard but if you want reliable, people would go for DSTWO. Although it's pretty expensive still about $40 it works with the 3DS as well BUT only on certain firmwares which I'm not sure but taking a jab here and saying V8.1.0-19X. ( I think they took it off for now for the release of the DSTWO+ but i am not sure) In all retro spec if you have the money I would just go get a 3Ds with firmware V4.1 to V4.5 or ( Upcoming ) V9.2.0.20 and a Gateway card for $65. Not only will you be able to play DS backups ( using the blue card )but 3Ds backups as well (Using the Red Card). Only cons with this is that you must run the exploit again with the blue card if you want to go back playing 3DS back ups. Although if your Mother isn't tech savvy and likes to click through things quickly then I wouldn't go with the 3DS option as she might accidentally update it in the future and lose the exploits for playing backups.

Remember though if you are getting a flashcard you would need a micro sd card with maybe at least 2-4Gb minimal for the Ds lite unless you stacking a ton of backed up games on there then 4-8GB
For the 3DS I use an 8GB which is enough for 4 games but people recommends about 16Gb is good.

Total cost for the DSlite Flashcard with micro SD should be no more then $15-$20 Cheap option
Total for 3DS would be $80 for the flashcard and Micro Sd ( System pricing not included)
Here is a good site I buy from that is trusted You must login or register to view this content.
You can look around other sites but beware of fake ones online and copycats
If you want more info on this I would go to You must login or register to view this content. it's a Great place like NGU but with more people on the Nintendo Section.
01-07-2015, 04:34 PM #3
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by ATypicalSe7en View Post
Personally I used the R4 with Wood Kernel back then when playing on the DS lite worked almost flawlessly and was a cheap option. Should only cost about $6-$9 now for the flashcard but if you want reliable, people would go for DSTWO. Although it's pretty expensive still about $40 it works with the 3DS as well BUT only on certain firmwares which I'm not sure but taking a jab here and saying V8.1.0-19X. ( I think they took it off for now for the release of the DSTWO+ but i am not sure) In all retro spec if you have the money I would just go get a 3Ds with firmware V4.1 to V4.5 or ( Upcoming ) V9.2.0.20 and a Gateway card for $65. Not only will you be able to play DS backups ( using the blue card )but 3Ds backups as well (Using the Red Card). Only cons with this is that you must run the exploit again with the blue card if you want to go back playing 3DS back ups. Although if your Mother isn't tech savvy and likes to click through things quickly then I wouldn't go with the 3DS option as she might accidentally update it in the future and lose the exploits for playing backups.

Remember though if you are getting a flashcard you would need a micro sd card with maybe at least 2-4Gb minimal for the Ds lite unless you stacking a ton of backed up games on there then 4-8GB
For the 3DS I use an 8GB which is enough for 4 games but people recommends about 16Gb is good.

Total cost for the DSlite Flashcard with micro SD should be no more then $15-$20 Cheap option
Total for 3DS would be $80 for the flashcard and Micro Sd ( System pricing not included)
Here is a good site I buy from that is trusted You must login or register to view this content.
You can look around other sites but beware of fake ones online and copycats
If you want more info on this I would go to You must login or register to view this content. it's a Great place like NGU but with more people on the Nintendo Section.

Wow thanks for the reply and all the information.

I'll take a look into it all (little busy right now) and get back to you.
05-23-2015, 05:39 PM #4
niki201
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Alt View Post
Wow thanks for the reply and all the information.

I'll take a look into it all (little busy right now) and get back to you.

Personally I use the R4 for 3DS it's kind of good.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo