06-12-2011, 06:16 PM #1
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Have you ever want to know if that certain game you want to play will run?! Well, you've came to the right thread my friend! This is a detailed guide on how to check if your machine can run the game(s) you have always wanted to play.

To get started, just click "Next" below this paragraph or if you want to know about a certain part/parts. Click a category on the right side of this page!
You must login or register to view this content.
[multipage=GPU ]

The MOST IMPORTANT part in PC gaming is the graphics card you have! It is what allows the games to run. Read below to check your GPU specs.

To check all of the specs on your graphics, download You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.
[multipage=CPU ]

The next MOST IMPORTANT part for gaming is your CPU or known as your "Processor!" It tells what your GPU,RAM,etc. what to do. Meaning, the faster the processor, the better chances the game will run.

To check all the specs on your Processor, download You must login or register to view this content.
I recommend a Dual-Core at 1.8GHz per core or higher! You must login or register to view this content.
[multipage=RAM ]

Last but not least, your physical memory otherwise known as RAM! RAM arranges/organizes the things you run for better performance. So the more RAM you have the better! To check how much RAM you have, Click on Start>RIGHT-CLICK My Computer>Properties and it should show your RAM at the bottom. I recommend at LEAST 1GB of RAM for older games, newer games more then likely will need 2GB.You must login or register to view this content.
[multipage=If You Still Don't Know ]

Finally, if you still don't know if your PC will run the game you are wanting to play. Go to System Requirements Lab You must login or register to view this content. and click on the drop-down box then click on the game you want to play. Click the "Can I Run It?" button. If it tells you to install something, just install it! It's not a virus/spyware or anything else. It just makes it to where it can analyze your computer's specs for you!

NOTE: CAN I RUN IT IS NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE!!!

When its done, it should show something like this but tell you if it fails or passes.

You must login or register to view this content.[multipage=Conclusion ]

That's how you check if your machine can run a game or not! If you already knew then why read this post? Haha, anyways I hope I helped you guys out there. I have just seen ALOT of requests of people asking if there PC will this and that so I decided to make this. Peace!
Last edited by ResistTheMoon ; 07-08-2011 at 06:26 PM.

The following 6 users say thank you to ResistTheMoon for this useful post:

Dubsy, GodDrinksPepsi, Mr.Oppossum, Pass Word, teeth08, TheHardyz
06-12-2011, 06:22 PM #2
Axiom
PC Gamer
Originally posted by xCoDJumper View Post
This is a detailed version on how to find out if a game will run on your machine!

The MOST IMPORTANT part in PC gaming is the graphics card you have! It is what allows the games to run. Read below to check your GPU specs.

To check all of the specs on your graphics, download this ---> You must login or register to view this content.

Edit: My mistake.

The easier, shorter way of doing this is to use "Can You Run It?", which scans your PC's current hardware and will tell you if you can run it, it's as easy as that.
Last edited by Axiom ; 06-12-2011 at 06:51 PM.

The following user thanked Axiom for this useful post:

Tree
06-12-2011, 06:38 PM #3
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Axiom View Post
Doesn't exactly seem very detailed, 2 pages for a couple paragraphs of writing. Plus you haven't explained minimum requirements of the CPU, RAM etc.

The easier, shorter way of doing this is to use "Can You Run It?", which scans your PC's current hardware and will tell you if you can run it, it's as easy as that.

wasnt done bro, now check it Awesome face
06-12-2011, 06:51 PM #4
Axiom
PC Gamer
Originally posted by xCoDJumper View Post
wasnt done bro, now check it Awesome face

Ahhh nice one. I thought that was the finished thread lol.
06-12-2011, 07:03 PM #5
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Ahhh nice one. I thought that was the finished thread lol.

still adding more to it, just added pics!

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Edit: My mistake.

yeah,but Can I Run It isnt always accurate! haha ask higher pc gamers if you dont believe me Happy
06-12-2011, 07:22 PM #6
good thread, but you can just go onto canyourunit.com and you pick a game and it scans your PC for you..

but otherwise I like to see people putting an effort into their threads :y:

The following user thanked Sicarius for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon
06-28-2011, 11:50 PM #7
Kuhga
Save Point
Thanks a lot for this post...i need a new computer
07-03-2011, 11:45 PM #8
Jeremy
Former Staff
i got everything but the graphics card :/

The following 2 users say thank you to Jeremy for this useful post: