01-20-2012, 07:24 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone, this is a thread about League of Legends, often called as LoL.
I just started to play this few days ago and I think it's pretty good :p. As I said before I started 2 days ago, so I'm a noob, but I have learned some thing and will share them here.
And before you register, read the "Good to know" section at the end of this post.

About LoL
League of Legends is an action Real Time Strategy video game. If anyone have played Warcraft III, this is like its mod (DOTA).

LoL is free to play and noob friendly as you can play against bots, before you start to play team vs team mode.
However if you play against bots, there's one team of human players (usually noobs) vs bots.

C&P from Wikipedia:
Originally posted by another user
Players are formed into 2 even teams of Champions, 3v3 or 5v5. As of 29 December 2011 there are 90 different released champions. Each team starts at opposing sides of a map in an area called the Spawning Pool, near what is called a Nexus. A match is won when either team's nexus is destroyed. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of Turrets. Turrets are often placed along a path to each base referred to as a Lane. Along the way, each player gains levels from killing the opposing team's champions and Minions (small NPCs that constantly spawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters (some of which grant buffs known as crests upon death). Completing objectives rewards players with gold which is used to purchase items. In League of Legends, each player starts at level 1 at the beginning of the match and can obtain the maximum of level 18 with their champion, leveling 4 different champion-specific abilities. Normally, when it is 5v5, out of 3 lanes one player would take top lane, one player middle lane, two players on bottom lane, and one player jungling. (A player that jungles is responsible to kill opponents that are on bottom, middle, or top to assist your own team.)

Originally posted by another user
League of Legends is a session-based game. Matchmaking occurs based on the average Elo ratings of each individual players, with slight proprietary adjustments.[8]

The game can currently be played in five different modes: Tutorial, Custom, Co-Op vs. AI, Normal and Ranked. Custom mode allows players to manually create custom game sessions that other players can find on a game list and join. Co-op vs. AI is a mode where players are matched either alone or as part of a group against a team of bots.

Tips and advices:
As I'm pretty much a noob, you should probably look You must login or register to view this content. for more advice.

Good to know:
Unfortunately there's 3 regions (EU Nordic & East, EU West & North America) and these people cannot play with each other or add each other. It isn't even possible to change your region after you have registered.

I think we should make either make that all go for same region, or people from NA go to NA region and people from EU either region (Nordic or West)

I would, as I'm playing on it, suggest everyone would register EU Nordic & East as otherwise you cannot play with me :(.

I'm playing on shitty home laptop with about 9-10 MBps D/L speed and the lag is not bad, so that shouldn't be a problem.

If you want to add me on LoL (EU Nordic & East); add Ropponen94.
Links:
LoL's official website: You must login or register to view this content.
Forums: You must login or register to view this content.
Guide for noobs: You must login or register to view this content.
Download LoL: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to Janne for this useful post:

Crunk, Nubstep
01-20-2012, 07:27 PM #2
I just started like a week ago lol :p I like the archer girl ( I think shes a girl :confusedSmile
01-20-2012, 07:28 PM #3
Originally posted by JimErased
I just started like a week ago lol :p I like the archer girl? ( I think shes a gild :confusedSmile

You mean Ashe? :p.
I bet you're playing on EU West or NA.
01-20-2012, 10:39 PM #4
Originally posted by Ropponen View Post
You mean Ashe? :p.
I bet you're playing on EU West or NA.
NA, but why would you guess that?
02-04-2012, 01:12 PM #5
Bump :fa:.
02-10-2012, 01:59 PM #6
I have a buddy hooked on this game...

Is it that good ya!?
02-14-2012, 09:43 PM #7
snowaura1337
< ^ > < ^ >
IGN: LLoveToQQ

hit me up!
NA
02-14-2012, 09:52 PM #8
yes lol needs to bbe noticed on this site!!!!
03-23-2014, 10:33 PM #9
libra7ry
I’m too L33T
LOL is cool

But, I prefer DOTA
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30405[/ATTACH]
03-23-2014, 10:36 PM #10
:luv: League Play it once in a while Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo