03-10-2010, 07:08 AM #1
Cryptic
Former Staff | Content Manager
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well I work for Walmart. SO I get a 10% (5% after VA State Taxes) off on items. I'm thinking about two new items.

1. Windows 7 Professional Upgrade Disk

• $199.99 MSRP

2. Sony Vaio Notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium

• $599.99 MSRP
    • Intel Pentium T4400 processor
      2.2GHz, 800MHz Front Side Bus, 1MB L2 Cache
    • 4GB (2GB x 2) DDR2 system memory (8GB max)
      Enough memory to handle today's most memory-hungry applications
    • 320GB SATA hard drive, 5400 rpm
      Store your music, videos, photos and documents with plenty of room to spare
    • DVD/CD burner drive
      Play and create CDs and DVDs with this DVD burner drive
    • Wired Ethernet, Wireless WiFi
      Connect to a broadband modem with 10/100/1000 Ethernet; connect wirelessly to a WiFi network or hotspot with built-in 802.11b/g/n WLAN
    • 15.5" diagonal LCD extra-widescreen display
      1366 x 768 resolution; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD with 1759MB total available graphics memory

Money is tight right now, but if I pinch pennies I can get the Sony. My current notebook though doesn't have anything wrong with it, other than needing to be wiped out, and fresh install of an OS.

So I'm torn between the two.

I feel I'm only buying the Sony for the name, and the fact that it's a Sony Vaio, but they are extremely nice. This one does NOT play Blu-Rays, this is why it's so cheap. Can be bought on Walmart.com for same price, site-to-store (send it to a store for free shipping and handling) available.

Those of us who don't use Linux, and/or own MacBooks what is your opinion? All I really want is Windows 7, but I really want that Sony.
03-10-2010, 09:10 PM #2
windows 7 sucks balls i have it and hate it , i want vista back and i even bitched about that but not as much as 7 -.-
03-10-2010, 09:10 PM #3
Shepleklet
u mad cuz ur ***git
I would have thought it was obvious...... Go for option 1, it's $400 cheaper. Then spend the money you have left on hookers.
03-10-2010, 09:24 PM #4
whats the point in paying LOADS more money for a leaptop that is crappy, Smile..

just get the upgrade yhe disc, ALOT of money saved!!.. you can get mw2 then Smile..
03-11-2010, 02:12 AM #5
Cryptic
I have MW2. Beat it. Prestige 10, Level 70, Platinum.

That's what I was thinking. Just grab the update disk. Although I like the Sony Laptop. Anyone know where I can get good Sony Laptops cheaper than this?
03-11-2010, 06:37 AM #6
H₂O
Samurai Poster
****k windows, linux ftw

and you could always borrow windows 7 from teh interwebz Winky Winky

I think Sony computers are overrated, I would just build my own from newegg
03-11-2010, 07:25 AM #7
the screen sounds hella small i wouldnt buy the laptop but i dont think i would buy windows 7 pro either.... save your money for something better than that unless you really want windows
03-11-2010, 07:48 PM #8
Cryptic
The screen on the Sony Laptop is small.

Windows 7 Professional AND Ultimate are the same. Ultimate has TWO more things that Pro doesn't come with, BUT they can be downloaded. Besides, according to the specs, all my laptop can handle is Pro.

Newegg is expensive though isn't it?

Also, Microsoft is cracking down on people with pirated copies of Windows 7. Something about stopping updates for them or something. Like they figured out how to tell the difference between those gotten legitimately, and illegally.
03-11-2010, 11:54 PM #9
i would go with opinion 2 and i agree i hate window 7 too i wanta vista back too

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo