08-01-2010, 12:57 AM #1
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm a noob at buying graphics cards. Does anyone know the best PCI (not express) video card I can get? I've been looking at the Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT. Is it a good card? I will be doing some light gaming stuff, Halo CE, GTA San Andreas, Vice City, games of that period. Computer specs can be provided upon request.
08-01-2010, 01:31 AM #2
bmxrcodol04
Im a Hitmarker
NVIDIA 9500GT is a great card. I have one in my old computer that still works and i got about 50+ FPS in alot of action games that ive played. The only thing, i know your a noob and all, but you need to find out what kind of power supply you have in your computer already. Actually, what would be easier, tell me your computer specs lol. But my stock power supply (250 watt) didnt support it and i had to bump it up to a 400 watt. So find that out before you burn up alot of things in your computer buying that new card Winky Winky
08-01-2010, 09:50 PM #3
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by bmxrcodol04 View Post
NVIDIA 9500GT is a great card. I have one in my old computer that still works and i got about 50+ FPS in alot of action games that ive played. The only thing, i know your a noob and all, but you need to find out what kind of power supply you have in your computer already. Actually, what would be easier, tell me your computer specs lol. But my stock power supply (250 watt) didnt support it and i had to bump it up to a 400 watt. So find that out before you burn up alot of things in your computer buying that new card Winky Winky

Thanks for the reply, what games could you play with the card? I was hoping I could maybe run COD4 with it, although on low settings.

Comp Specs: Intel Celeron Processor, 2.93GHz
1.5Gb RAM
100 Gb HDD
Intel 82865g Graphics Controller (Onboard)
Windows XP Home Edition
08-01-2010, 10:06 PM #4
bmxrcodol04
Im a Hitmarker
Originally posted by sample View Post
Thanks for the reply, what games could you play with the card? I was hoping I could maybe run COD4 with it, although on low settings.

Comp Specs: Intel Celeron Processor, 2.93GHz
1.5Gb RAM
100 Gb HDD
Intel 82865g Graphics Controller (Onboard)
Windows XP Home Edition

Seems like some ok specs if you want to run shooting games, i would reccomend 2GB but you might be ok. But can you find out your power supply? If there isnt enough power, your computer will burn up and cause more problems lol.

Some games i played on my other computer were COD4, (maybe Modern Warfare 2) and a wide variety of nascar games, Somewhat dirt 2. But games like GTA IV and the high spec games the framerates may be a bit low, but just fine enough to run the games.
08-01-2010, 10:40 PM #5
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
Seems like some ok specs if you want to run shooting games, i would reccomend 2GB but you might be ok. But can you find out your power supply? If there isnt enough power, your computer will burn up and cause more problems lol.

Some games i played on my other computer were COD4, (maybe Modern Warfare 2) and a wide variety of nascar games, Somewhat dirt 2. But games like GTA IV and the high spec games the framerates may be a bit low, but just fine enough to run the games.

I don't want to run many new games, I have most of them on PS3 anyway :-), but i'm hoping to run some games i bought (like COD4) that I cant run.

I have been trying to find out about the power supply, and I don't know ATM.
08-02-2010, 12:04 AM #6
bmxrcodol04
Im a Hitmarker
You should be fine graphics wise, but with 1.5GB of ram it may be a bit slow starting up, but once you get it going for a while it may be ok Winky Winky +rep if i helped a little bit lol. But anyways, message back once you get it Winky Winky
08-02-2010, 01:00 AM #7
stoolio_sample
Pokemon Trainer
You should be fine graphics wise, but with 1.5GB of ram it may be a bit slow starting up, but once you get it going for a while it may be ok Winky Winky +rep if i helped a little bit lol. But anyways, message back once you get it Winky Winky

Will do! And hopefully soon.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo