08-20-2011, 02:25 AM #1
Winning
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, the point of this thread is to see what kind of performance we can get for the lowest possible price. What I've came up with Costs less than a $300 Xbox 360, has 8GB of RAM, a dual core, a 250GB HDD, and could play most 2011 games easily. Post what you can come up with and we shall see who is king hobo.

You must login or register to view this content.

Of course the idea is from /g/
Last edited by Winning ; 08-30-2011 at 10:07 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Winning for this useful post:

Bog__, RedxDragonx69
08-20-2011, 02:21 PM #2
Bog__
I defeated!
omg want so bad
08-21-2011, 04:11 PM #3
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by Bog
omg want so bad

Buy it then.
08-21-2011, 04:20 PM #4
Millz
Worth the Weight
Holy crap, that is pretty hobo. If I make a build, it will probably not work. But i'll try...:(
08-21-2011, 09:08 PM #5
RedxDragonx69
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Winning View Post
Well, the point of this thread is to see what kind of performance we can get for the lowest possible price. What I've came up with Costs less than a $300 Xbox 360, has 8GB of RAM, a dual core, a 250GB HDD, and could play most 2011 games easily. Post what you can come up with and we shall see who is king hobo.

You must login or register to view this content.

Of course the idea is from /g/

So... The hobo build you posted... What is it capable of running? Because I am currently looking for an affordable gaming pc...
08-21-2011, 09:22 PM #6
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by RedxDragonx69 View Post
So... The hobo build you posted... What is it capable of running? Because I am currently looking for an affordable gaming pc...

This could probably run Crysis 2 at around 20 fps, and with the settings toned down maybe 60. But since that screen shot I changed the power supply to something more reliable. And if you were willing, you could defiantly go for a more powerful processor for maybe $20 more.
08-21-2011, 09:26 PM #7
RedxDragonx69
Do a barrel roll!
This could probably run Crysis 2 at around 20 fps, and with the settings toned down maybe 60. But since that screen shot I changed the power supply to something more reliable. And if you were willing, you could defiantly go for a more powerful processor for maybe $20 more.

Well, if you could recommend a more powerful processor and maybe the name of the power supply you changed to, I think I might go for it.
08-21-2011, 09:38 PM #8
Winning
Former Staff
Well, if you could recommend a more powerful processor and maybe the name of the power supply you changed to, I think I might go for it.

This is the PSU I chose because it was the same price, and you don't need more than 350W with that card. The other one had some bad reviews. You must login or register to view this content.and this is the processor I chose for you - You must login or register to view this content.It's basically the same as the first processor, but has more L2 cache and it's basically pre overclocked. Just check with me before you order everything to make sure you have all the parts you want. Also, if you want to look for a better looking case, you can. Every case should be able to fit this motherboard.

The following user thanked Winning for this useful post:

RedxDragonx69
08-21-2011, 09:52 PM #9
RedxDragonx69
Do a barrel roll!
This is the PSU I chose because it was the same price, and you don't need more than 350W with that card. The other one had some bad reviews. You must login or register to view this content.and this is the processor I chose for you - You must login or register to view this content.It's basically the same as the first processor, but has more L2 cache and it's basically pre overclocked. Just check with me before you order everything to make sure you have all the parts you want. Also, if you want to look for a better looking case, you can. Every case should be able to fit this motherboard.

I really don't care what the case looks like, although I kinda like the handle on the one in the screenshot.

This is what I have so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11277[/ATTACH]
08-21-2011, 09:55 PM #10
Winning
Former Staff
I really don't care what the case looks like, although I kinda like the handle on the one in the screenshot.

This is what I have so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11277[/ATTACH]

Everything is right but the RAM. I chose these ones over those because they had better reviews or something - You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Winning for this useful post:

RedxDragonx69

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo