10-08-2011, 05:54 PM #1
tylerallmighty
Human After All
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Okay. So, I've earned some money, and I've decided to build a gaming rig. My budget would be at about $400 - $550 range, and I'm willing to spend a little more (I have about $800 - $900 at my disposal, but I'm not spending it all), and it needs to be able to run CoD at at least 20 fps. I've seen people do this, and spend very little on it, and I'm quite interested. Now, I haven't talked to my parents yet, (I'm 15) but if I get another job soon (Probably about $10/hour minimum) I'm positive they'll let me.
I've looked at many guides, and I see that it is based all on personal preference, and I'm not a hardware guy. I have a techie friend, who built this stuff all the time in High School, but he works almost 24/7 with a rapidly changing schedule.
I honestly don't give a shit if the case is a shoe-box, I just want it to (hopefully) run Crysis at a bare minimum of 10 FPS. I may be asking too much, but there is so much hardware available, I don't even know where to begin. I've looked at tons of YouTube videos, and many guides (I'll list some below), and some people have built Rigs that run Crysis at a kick-ass 30 FPS at full power, for less than $500. I know you don't need a quad-core CPU, so I'll probably get an AMD, just not sure which one. So, I would appreciate any help and I'm looking forward to you're responses.

GUIDES:
You must login or register to view this content.

VIDEOS:

EDIT:
So, I've picked out some parts, and I would like to know of any suggestions you guys would have. I might just stick with 4GB of RAM, depending on what my dad says, and maybe a different GFX Card, because this one is apparently MASSIVE.

Last edited by tylerallmighty ; 10-10-2011 at 02:52 PM.
10-10-2011, 05:31 PM #11
tylerallmighty
Human After All
Originally posted by Suckage View Post
The case is 70$, minus the 25$ of fans you're buying, it's only 45$ Smile Plus, I just turned 15, like, a week ago. :P

Oh. :P That's a ****ing sexy case.
10-10-2011, 10:41 PM #12
Winning
Former Staff
Originally posted by Golagoda View Post
Unless he's overclocking that would be pointless, he's only said he wants to run CoD and crysis at like 20 FPS at least so he wouldn't need to overclock anyway.

Okay. A 2500K is indeed useless if he isn't overclocking. But he still needs a new CPU cooler. The stock ones are super shitty. Like 50C idle shitty.
10-11-2011, 06:41 PM #13
Originally posted by bananaman
Okay. So, I've earned some money, and I've decided to build a gaming rig. My budget would be at about $400 - $550 range, and I'm willing to spend a little more (I have about $800 - $900 at my disposal, but I'm not spending it all), and it needs to be able to run CoD at at least 20 fps. I've seen people do this, and spend very little on it, and I'm quite interested. Now, I haven't talked to my parents yet, (I'm 15) but if I get another job soon (Probably about $10/hour minimum) I'm positive they'll let me.
I've looked at many guides, and I see that it is based all on personal preference, and I'm not a hardware guy. I have a techie friend, who built this stuff all the time in High School, but he works almost 24/7 with a rapidly changing schedule.
I honestly don't give a shit if the case is a shoe-box, I just want it to (hopefully) run Crysis at a bare minimum of 10 FPS. I may be asking too much, but there is so much hardware available, I don't even know where to begin. I've looked at tons of YouTube videos, and many guides (I'll list some below), and some people have built Rigs that run Crysis at a kick-ass 30 FPS at full power, for less than $500. I know you don't need a quad-core CPU, so I'll probably get an AMD, just not sure which one. So, I would appreciate any help and I'm looking forward to you're responses.

GUIDES:

VIDEOS:

EDIT:
So, I've picked out some parts, and I would like to know of any suggestions you guys would have. I might just stick with 4GB of RAM, depending on what my dad says, and maybe a different GFX Card, because this one is apparently MASSIVE.

here try this these are a little better and might save you money if you chose the lower end one Intel's over priced in my opinion

quick fact your processor doesn't matter for gaming as much anymore you can get a low end processor and a higher end card and it should run fine but here are some good processors

You must login or register to view this content. six core little more expensive but has less stress on your CPU can also be overclocked if needed (3.4 or 3.7GHz overclocked)

You must login or register to view this content. quad core less expensive close to same thing but only has stock (no overclock) and only 4 cores not 6 (3.4GHz)

You must login or register to view this content. little more expensive than the 550 but it is a more powerful and should run better

just a few tweaks in my opinion i would add the 6 core and the graphic card i listed but hey its your choice....Awesome face

The following user thanked snakeater96 for this useful post:

tylerallmighty
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM #14
tylerallmighty
Human After All
Originally posted by snakeater96 View Post
here try this these are a little better and might save you money if you chose the lower end one Intel's over priced in my opinion

quick fact your processor doesn't matter for gaming as much anymore you can get a low end processor and a higher end card and it should run fine but here are some good processors

You must login or register to view this content. six core little more expensive but has less stress on your CPU can also be overclocked if needed (3.4 or 3.7GHz overclocked)

You must login or register to view this content. quad core less expensive close to same thing but only has stock (no overclock) and only 4 cores not 6 (3.4GHz)

You must login or register to view this content. little more expensive than the 550 but it is a more powerful and should run better

just a few tweaks in my opinion i would add the 6 core and the graphic card i listed but hey its your choice....Awesome face
Thanks! I'm actually considering those choices. :y:
10-11-2011, 07:11 PM #15
Problem?
I defeated!

here are two websites i use to determine what cpu and video card i get when building a pc on a price range.

cpu:

video card:

i suggest going for an amd x4 and a radeon hd video card.

good luck.
10-11-2011, 07:14 PM #16
tylerallmighty
Human After All
Originally posted by Slut View Post
here are two websites i use to determine what cpu and video card i get when building a pc on a price range.

cpu:

video card:

i suggest going for an amd x4 and a radeon hd video card.

good luck.
Thanks. :y: I'm out of those for today. :/
10-12-2011, 12:53 AM #17

ya no problem and if you need any help with anything else just message me im pretty good with computers
10-12-2011, 03:59 AM #18
Problem?
I defeated!
Thanks. :y: I'm out of those for today. :/

don't worry, i'm just here to help :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo