12-29-2011, 11:01 PM #1
Nastyscaper
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi everyone! Smile

X-Mas was a few days ago and i got crap loads of cash ( 650$ to be exact :P ) and i was already saving before so now I end up with a total of 853,73$ ( Canadian money :wink: ) and i really suck in computer specs.
So this is why i'm asking you guys to help me.

This is what i would like to be able to do on my computer:

- Surf the interwebs (Youtube, google, facebook ...) daily without having lagg if i have more then 6 tabs opened
- Play minecraft [ Host a server? ] about three times / week
- Watch movies ( I have a external hard drive of 1TB so i won't be needing that much space )
- I would like having Wi-Fi already in the computer ( But is it better to buy something else and install it?)
- talk on skype while doing basicly anything and not lagging
-IF POSSIBLE - Playing big games eg: Skyrim , MW3 ... ( if this ends up having me buying a computer that will cost me over 850$... nvm that i'll play on my ps3 Smile

I Don't know what to look for in the specs of the computer
Like the RAM : i know that the more you have the better it is and that you should have usualy 4GB
Processor : Wtf?:wtf:... what should i have ?

Is it possible for you guys to explain to me basicly what i will need to have in my computer and/or try helping me find one ?

I Hope i can get a decent computer with only 850$.
Thanks for your help Winky Winky

PS. NO MAC D=

EDIT: I DON'T want to build my own computer or get it built by someone else i barely know/trust since i wont have a warrenty and shit like that. i'd rather buy it at a store

-Nastyscaper

EDIT:

I surfed the interwebs and looked for a computer and this is what i found for 843$:
Processor Type
Intel Core i7-2600

Processor Speed
3.4 GHz

Processor Cores

RAM
8 GB

Hard Drive Capacity
1 TB

Hard Drive Speed (Revolutions Per Minutes
5400 RPM

Optical Drive
SuperMulti DVD Burner

Graphics
NVidia GeForce GT 530

Pre-loaded Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Graphics

Dedicated Video Memory
Yes

Shared Video Memory
No

TV Tuner
No

Video Memory
2 GB

Display

Built-in Monitor
Not Applicable

HDCP Compliant
Not Applicable

Native Screen Resolution
Not Applicable

Screen Size/Type
Not Applicable

Audio

Audio Output
Integrated 6 Speaker Configurable with Up to 5.1 Surround Sound

Digital Input
No

Digital Output
No

Integrated Microphone
No

Line Out
Yes

Line-In input
Yes

Microphone Input
Yes

Sound Card
Intel H61 PCH

Speaker Wattage
Not Applicable

Speakers
No

Networking

Ethernet Port
10/100/1000

Integrated bluetooth
Yes

Integrated WiFi
802.11b/g/n

Inputs/Outputs

Card Reader
Yes

Component Output
No

Composite Output
No

DVI Output
Yes

E-SATA
No

FireWire (IEEE 1394)
No

HDMI
Yes

Keyboard
HP USB Keyboard

Modem
No

Mouse
HP USB Mouse

Remote
No

S-Video Output
No

USB Ports
2 - Front; 4 - Back

VGA Output
Yes

Webcam
No

Computing Features

Available AGP Slots
Not Applicable

Available Hard Drive Bays
2 (1 Available)

Available Memory Slots
2 (Occupied)

Available Optical Bays
2 (1 Available)

Available PCI Slots
No

Available PCI-E Slots
3 - PCI Express x1 (Three Available); 1 - PCI Express x16 (Occupied)

Energy Star Qualified
No

Power Supply
Information Not Available

Processor Cache
8 MB

Removable Storage
No

System Bus
2.5 GT/s

Is all this good for 843$ or not?
Last edited by Nastyscaper ; 12-31-2011 at 04:31 AM. Reason: I had to add stuff to this thread. (The ''EDIT'' Part)
12-29-2011, 11:04 PM #2
PsYcHoSiS
Eatin' poopy
Originally posted by Nastyscaper View Post
Hi everyone! Smile

X-Mas was a few days ago and i got crap loads of cash ( 650$ to be exact :P ) and i was already saving before so now I end up with a total of 853,73$ ( Canadian money :wink: ) and i really suck in computer specs.
So this is why i'm asking you guys to help me.

This is what i would like to be able to do on my computer:

- Surf the interwebs (Youtube, google, facebook ...) daily without having lagg if i have more then 6 tabs opened
- Play minecraft [ Host a server? ] about three times / week
- Watch movies ( I have a external hard drive of 1TB so i won't be needing that much space )
- I would like having Wi-Fi already in the computer ( But is it better to buy something else and install it?)
- talk on skype while doing basicly anything and not lagging
-IF POSSIBLE - Playing big games eg: Skyrim , MW3 ... ( if this ends up having me buying a computer that will cost me over 850$... nvm that i'll play on my ps3 Smile

I Don't know what to look for in the specs of the computer
Like the RAM : i know that the more you have the better it is and that you should have usualy 4GB
Processor : Wtf?:wtf:... what should i have ?

Is it possible for you guys to explain to me basicly what i will need to have in my computer and/or try helping me find one ?

I Hope i can get a decent computer with only 850$.
Thanks for your help Winky Winky

PS. NO MAC D=

-Nastyscaper

Desktop or laptop?
12-29-2011, 11:06 PM #3
Nastyscaper
I am error
desktop. i know for a fact that you pay more for a laptop and they perform less

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Originally posted by PsYcHoSiS View Post
Desktop or laptop?

desktop. i know for a fact that you pay more for a laptop and they perform less
12-29-2011, 11:31 PM #4
look on craigslist for the nearest custom computer builder
ask what he can get you with that cash and tell him to show you the parts and names of them
then search online for those parts and make sure you're getting a great deal

cost of alienware computers 1,000$+
cost of custom computer that can perform just as well as that alienware computer around 800$ that's how much I buy mine for and I can run any game I want + you can get whatever type of lights you want for your computer Smile

way cheaper than buying from dell or alienware or pretty much any online site

The following user thanked Guahan for this useful post:

Nastyscaper
12-29-2011, 11:38 PM #5
Axiom
PC Gamer
Yeah. You can either buy a computer from manufacturers like Dell, HP etc, buy custom made PCs or buy all the components then build one yourself. I bought a motherboard deal and stuff then built it myself, it saves soooo much money.

The following user thanked Axiom for this useful post:

Nastyscaper
12-29-2011, 11:40 PM #6
oToxicity
I’m too L33T
Your going to want more than 4GB or RAM if you want to be hosting servers and stuff, whilst browsing with 6 tabs w/o lagging. Also if you end up building your own, a lot of people forget about power supply, case, cooling etc. Make sure you dont get crap cooling.

The following 3 users say thank you to oToxicity for this useful post:

.Andy, Nastyscaper,
12-29-2011, 11:42 PM #7
Nastyscaper
I am error
Originally posted by Axiom View Post
Yeah. You can either buy a computer from manufacturers like Dell, HP etc, buy custom made PCs or buy all the components then build one yourself. I bought a motherboard deal and stuff then built it myself, it saves soooo much money.

Yeah i'd like to make my own computer but i don't know shit about computer hardware stuff o.O
12-29-2011, 11:47 PM #8
Yup trust me I bought an mx17 for 1400 for my son and bought a custom built laptop that has the same exact specs for only 900$ with a matching mouse and keyboard they were trying to charge me an extra 50$ for the wireless mouse and keyboard @dell...

you're basically paying for the company logo not just the parts

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by Nastyscaper View Post
Yeah i'd like to make my own computer but i don't know shit about computer hardware stuff o.O

that's why I said to check craigslist for any nearby custom computer builders or whatever you call them lol I knew you wouldn't know anything about having to build a computer which I why I skipped that part

you could go to a tech forum and ask them to find out what parts you need for a badass computer with an 800$ budget and they'll tell you exactly what you need then you can buy them and pay someone to build it for you if you can't (cause it's pretty easy) or do what I said and purchase one from someone who sells custom computers in your area

^ only 2 options where you can get a great setup for cheap

if you can't do either of those for whatever reasons then just buy a normal pc from bestbuy or online through dell and you should be fine with gaming if that's what you're trying to buy it for it may lag when it comes to really high end games but for most MMOs they have graphic settings and most fps should run fine on it...you may have troubles with call of duty though depending on what you pick

The following user thanked Guahan for this useful post:

Nastyscaper
12-30-2011, 03:19 AM #9
Yeah, don't buy ANY brands such as DELL, Apple, or Alienware. They're all over priced and suck.

If you want, tomorrow I'll make a quick build up with a max budget of 850$.
12-30-2011, 04:14 AM #10
My Hate
At least I can fight
Originally posted by oToxicity View Post
Your going to want more than 4GB or RAM if you want to be hosting servers and stuff, whilst browsing with 6 tabs w/o lagging. Also if you end up building your own, a lot of people forget about power supply, case, cooling etc. Make sure you dont get crap cooling.

Computer RAM has nothing to do with your internet speed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo