07-20-2012, 04:19 PM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); How your pc parts work

The CPU is a important piece in your pc, it is the brains. Cache is the memory of the cpu the more cache the faster the cpu can store memory from frequently used locations it also make your pc faster when processing data. They're are 2 cpu manufacturers AMD and Intel. AMD is cheaper reliable but not as good as Intel for heavily threaded tasks. Intel are more expensive but are awesome for Heavily thread tasks they also overclock better than AMD if they are a k series cpu.You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.

The Motherboard is the nervous system of you pc, it connects everything together. They are many different chip sets, a chipset is the connected circuits they work with the cpu to maximize performance. You must login or register to view this content. That is a AMD motherboard the AM3+ is the cpu socket the 990fx is the chipset and it is the newest chipset. the pci slots on the bottem are where ad on cards such as graphics cards and sound cards or wireless internet cards go. You must login or register to view this content. That is a Intel motherboard the 1155 is the cpu socket and the z77 is the chipset they work the same as AMD it also has pci slots to add cards.

The Graphics card. These are the graphics enhancers they play your games help you render video etc Theyre are 2 manufactures Nvidia and AMD if you see a ATI its a older card as AMD bought ATI a couple years ago. AMD cards work great with AMD and Intel CPU and nvidia cards work best w Intel but they work good with AMD aswell. You must login or register to view this content. That is a Nvidia card it has 2gb of memory the pci slot is the compatible slot it fits into on the motherboard. 256bit is how many bits it has the more it has the better. You must login or register to view this content. That is a AMD graphics card it is also a 256bit it is also a 2gb card and the twin frozr is the cooling system on the card. the 900mhz is the clock speed. the 1024 stream processes is the amount of processing power the higher that is the better aswell. Crossfire and SLI is for 2 or more graphics cards in 1 pc

RAM the ram is data storage that uses circuits to store data the more the better as long as the clock speed is high You must login or register to view this content. 16gb is the amount of memory the 1600mhz is the speed and 240pin is the ram type that fits in the motherboard and ddr3 is the type of memory ddr3 is the newest. Corsair and Gskill are the most used ram but crucial and patroit make some great ram from my personal experiences.

Power Supply Your power supply supplies electricity to your pc, its is very important you have a good 1 as your pc is as good as the power to it is clean. You must login or register to view this content. 750w is the max wats it can handle 80plus is the power saver modular means the cables you don't need can be taken off and put back on if need, Never cheap out on it as it goes bad then your other components can fail easily, some good brands are Corsair Seasonic, Antec, XFX and OCZ also make some half decent power supply's

Case the pc case is the case it is important you need to parts cool, it moves the heated stagnent air out of the case and replaces it with fresh cool air You must login or register to view this content. it has 2 200mm fans 1 intake and 1 outtake it is a mid tower and that means it is in the middle a full tower is a really big case. m-atx are micro case built for micro atx motherboards they arnt always good for gaming but are mostly used for media streamers and everyday pcs

Hardrives. They're are mechanical hardrives and digital HDD which are called SDD You must login or register to view this content. is a mechanical drive the speed is 7200rpm and the memory is 1tb which is 1000gb You must login or register to view this content. that is a SDD which are super fast digital hardrives they are amazing for storing games and your OS. they make those new super slim laptops that boot up in like 10sec work so fast. it uses SATA 6gbps so it can load 6gb a second. They is also hardrive ssd combos and i sadly have no expirence with them so i can't help with them.

Disk Drive this reads your disks such as games, cds , dvds You must login or register to view this content.

CPU coolers theese cool your cpu if you like to overclock theyre are custom watercooling setups which are super expensive but if done right amazing lookiorsair h80ng and preforming. most people use a pre built water cooler such as a corsair h80 which as greathttps://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181016 alot of people use aircoolers like the Coolermaster hyper 212+You must login or register to view this content. aircoolers are big bulky and work best with good thermal paste You must login or register to view this content.

Those are what your pc parts do and how to choose good parts also this helps so much You must login or register to view this content. to decide which parts work best if ineed to add or change somthing feel free to let me know, if i confused you or want a good pc how to guide i posted the best and most in-depth high and mid end build videos below i couldn't post all three but the other 2 are in the decription of that video

Last edited by Toke ; 07-23-2012 at 07:39 AM.

The following 7 users say thank you to Toke for this useful post:

+Despair, Cien, IzBoogz, lbalancel, Ninja, Dan, Toker Face
07-20-2012, 04:42 PM #2
+Despair
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Looks good man. Long, but very descriptive and in depth.
07-20-2012, 04:45 PM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
tryed to start the thread with a good start
07-20-2012, 05:18 PM #4
You must login or register to view this content.

The following 2 users say thank you to Samberg for this useful post:

Cody_h4x
07-20-2012, 05:56 PM #5
blair
:carling:
07-21-2012, 03:16 AM #6
Dan
I'm a god.
That's a nice thread! :y:. But I - You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Dan for this useful post:

Mr.MoldyOrange
07-21-2012, 03:18 AM #7
Default Avatar
DevouR
:FU: Remote file to long.

On another note, didn't read lol
07-21-2012, 03:26 AM #8
Needs more pics or else very few will read. No joke.
07-21-2012, 04:16 AM #9
Toke
PC Master Race
i tryed to add some but i cant del them as they look like shit
07-21-2012, 11:02 AM #10
Toker Face
Huge heart, small dick

The following user thanked Toker Face for this useful post:

xd366

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo