08-28-2012, 12:01 AM #1
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I would like you people to Rate my PC and tell me which parts should be replaced Immediately (recommend me the product with it should be replaced). Please, take in to account that I'm from Argentina and here importing things is prohibitted or strictly controlled and we are really backwarded in technology.

My PC Specs:
Processor: Interl Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz
RAM: 6.144 MB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology EX58-UD3R
Graphics Card: ATI Radeaon HD 4800 Series
Hard Drives: 2x 1TB HDD (Don't know the producer, eitherway I don't believe it needs to be replaced)

Thanks for your time Happy
08-28-2012, 12:19 AM #2
cam51037
Do a barrel roll!
Errrmmm. For gaming? Not so great. You probably want to get a CPU and GPU upgrade. That CPU is kinda old IMO.

If I had to replace it? For a gaming computer? I'd get an i5 3570k, and a 7850/7870 if possible.
08-28-2012, 01:14 AM #3
Toke
PC Master Race
a bit older but if you do photoshop and those kind of things. i'd upgrade the graphics card first maybe you can get a gtx 560 or a radeon 6870 that would make it a half decent for gaming
08-28-2012, 02:13 AM #4
Millz
Worth the Weight
Upgrade #1: Get a new GPU. I'd go with the 660ti if I were you at this point in time. If you are looking for something a bit cheaper, a 7850/7870 will also be good.

Upgrade #2: SSD. Seriously you have no idea how amazing these SSD's are. Once you get one you will never want to go back to a regular Hard drive. It is incredibly fast and you can pick even a cheap 64GB one to use as a boot drive for 50-60 bucks.

Upgrade #3: (Down the line, not needed to upgrade now) Motherboard + CPU. This is going to be a larger upgrade, so you would want to wait either until Ivy Bridge prices are dropping or when Haswell comes out. Pick up the 3570k (if you're going Ivy Bridge) or whichever equivalent Haswell will have. Pick up an AsRock or ASUS motherboard and call it a day.

Please keep in mind that your CPU is perfectly fine for gaming. There is no need to upgrade it. It's fairly overclockable so if you want to pick up a H60 or something until you upgrade and overclock it than be my guest. It's fine for games to don't upgrade it just yet.
08-28-2012, 03:00 AM #5
degorat04
Bounty hunter
Better than mine its 7 yrs old
08-28-2012, 03:58 AM #6
Mr.Amitoz
Big Brother ONLINE GTFO
Since its in the Gaming section you really need to upgrade your graphics card to a 6950 or 7000 series for AMD or a 500+ for Nvidia series.

Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
Upgrade #1: Get a new GPU. I'd go with the 660ti if I were you at this point in time. If you are looking for something a bit cheaper, a 7850/7870 will also be good.

Upgrade #2: SSD. Seriously you have no idea how amazing these SSD's are. Once you get one you will never want to go back to a regular Hard drive. It is incredibly fast and you can pick even a cheap 64GB one to use as a boot drive for 50-60 bucks.

Upgrade #3: (Down the line, not needed to upgrade now) Motherboard + CPU. This is going to be a larger upgrade, so you would want to wait either until Ivy Bridge prices are dropping or when Haswell comes out. Pick up the 3570k (if you're going Ivy Bridge) or whichever equivalent Haswell will have. Pick up an AsRock or ASUS motherboard and call it a day.

Please keep in mind that your CPU is perfectly fine for gaming. There is no need to upgrade it. It's fairly overclockable so if you want to pick up a H60 or something until you upgrade and overclock it than be my guest. It's fine for games to don't upgrade it just yet.

This may be out of topic but Im trying to learn more about SSDs and how would you make the 64gb SSD drive as a boot drive while you have a 1TB drive for your programs stored and music and videos?

Also Also When your getting it custom made from Cyberpower PC should it be set as a Hard Drive or as a Data Hard Drive considering I know there the same drives I just wanna make sure which one to put in the right section.
Last edited by Mr.Amitoz ; 08-28-2012 at 04:22 AM.
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM #7
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Mr.Amitoz View Post
This may be out of topic but Im trying to learn more about SSDs and how would you make the 64gb SSD drive as a boot drive while you have a 1TB drive for your programs stored and music and videos?

Also Also When your getting it custom made from Cyberpower PC should it be set as a Hard Drive or as a Data Hard Drive considering I know there the same drives I just wanna make sure which one to put in the right section.

You can't really without a fresh install. You could clone the drive but I wouldn't recommend it.

I also would assume that you should set it up as a Hard Drive and make sure that they install the OS on that.
08-29-2012, 02:44 AM #8
Mr.Amitoz
Big Brother ONLINE GTFO
You can't really without a fresh install. You could clone the drive but I wouldn't recommend it.

I also would assume that you should set it up as a Hard Drive and make sure that they install the OS on that.

So say if your C drive is your SSD and your HDD is your (G)etc..thats 1 TB.. So for your 1st boot you would pick the 1TB drive as your Parttion to Install the OS and your SSD as just C drive but a bootable drive or idk haha thats why im confused :/
08-29-2012, 02:52 AM #9
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by Mr.Amitoz View Post
So say if your C drive is your SSD and your HDD is your (G)etc..thats 1 TB.. So for your 1st boot you would pick the 1TB drive as your Parttion to Install the OS and your SSD as just C drive but a bootable drive or idk haha thats why im confused :/

Firstly I was stupid. You can't clone a 1TB drive and copy it onto an SSD. Unless you buy something like a 1TB SSD :dumb:

No you want the SSD to be your C: drive and you want to install your OS on the SSD. You DO NOT want to use the HDD as a boot drive. That would pretty much defeat the purpose.
08-29-2012, 03:41 AM #10
Mr.Amitoz
Big Brother ONLINE GTFO
Firstly I was stupid. You can't clone a 1TB drive and copy it onto an SSD. Unless you buy something like a 1TB SSD :dumb:

No you want the SSD to be your C: drive and you want to install your OS on the SSD. You DO NOT want to use the HDD as a boot drive. That would pretty much defeat the purpose.

yeah thats what im saying using your SSD to be your default C: Drive for Games and Like your HDD your G: drive for your Os files/music/pictures/videos/movie/programs

Or on my 1st Boot I should Unplug the HDD but still have SSD and install all the OS files onto the SSD and then Plug back in my HDD?
Last edited by Mr.Amitoz ; 08-29-2012 at 04:19 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo